Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old albums you’d nearly forgotten about

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Soul Mining is an all-time favourite of mine.

Nearly died when The The released new stuff last year.
Got to admit, I wasn’t aware of any new stuff as I sort of stopped listening to him after my general disappointment at Mind Bomb and subsequently Dusk (although I do really like True Happiness This Way Lies) I was at the Albert Hall gig and really enjoyed the old ones, Bugle Boy was a treat as I really like Burning Blue Soul.
Bizarrely though my all time favourite is the bonus cassette track, Waiting For The Upturn

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
And from my favourite XTC album, my best dancing song…watch me go!

Bloody ell, love this one too,(and thinking about it, it’s as relevant now as ever) I first heard this on some free CND type compilation, the only other track I recall from it was The Undertones - Happens All The Time.

I’ll nominate English Settlement as subject matter of this thread

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Anyone gonna admit to ever owning this?

IMG_3383.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Some sources suggest that this is why pop albums became longer than 45 minutes. To stop home taping killing music.

As an aside cds we're 74minutes capacity as that was the length of Beethoven's 9th symphony. (which I am sure many if you know ... but some may not).
CDs were also the cause of many a bloated album. 40-45 minutes is usually enough for any album. The coming of the 60+ minute album because CDs had more capacity just led to a lot of filler. Give me a tight 35 minute album any day.
Another shout out to both the Lemonheads and Elvis Costello albums mentioned above.
There was also the first Aztec Camera album which was short and (bitter)sweet.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
1708250263732.jpeg

from a time probably before most people on here were born.
jazz-influenced stuff from the West Coast in the late 1960s. Includes the iconic track “White Bird”.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I’ve just listed all my vinyl on discogs. I’ve only got about 400 combined, but was surprised at the ‘valuation’ range of my collection. Minimum I could expect was £1300 and max was £8300.
In reality I’d expect the lower figure to be closer, not that I’ll be selling any anyway.

Highest 7” was valued at about £27
Highest 12” was £450

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
Forgotten, found, forgotten and found again over the many years since its release; ladies and gentlemen I give you Wire's mighty second album Chairs Missing.

If you haven't heard it treat yourself to a listen. If you have heard it still treat yourself.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here