Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wings - Band on the Run. A great album

Back in the top 20

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My Sunday morning listening has been The Raw and the Cooked by Fine Young Cannibals.
Brilliant album but it also brings back those memories (feint) of those clubbing days of yesteryear.
Drives me crazy is immense.
Possibly the shortest album ever made. Quality songs but a total pisstake in terms of playing time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My Sunday morning listening has been The Raw and the Cooked by Fine Young Cannibals.
Brilliant album but it also brings back those memories (feint) of those clubbing days of yesteryear.
Drives me crazy is immense.
Funny you should mention this, as was playing Too-Rye-Ay by the Dexys Midnight Runners this morning.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Possibly the shortest album ever made. Quality songs but a total pisstake in terms of playing time.
Pop albums were shorter because of 3 minute songs for the radio I guess. Just checked it was 36 minutes.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Pop albums were shorter because of 3 minute songs for the radio I guess. Just checked it was 36 minutes.
Somewhere I read a comment by Pete Townshend that 18minutes a side is the most you want to go up to for a rock album before the sound quality starts getting worse.

You want a pisstake of an album length, try 60s Beach Boys albums. All Summer Long is only 25minutes in total.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Having a sort out Sunday and came across this (on CD, originally had the cassette in 88). Still a decent album and brings back happy memories of leaving school.
R-1208871-1287923289.jpg

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Somewhere I read a comment by Pete Townshend that 18minutes a side is the most you want to go up to for a rock album before the sound quality starts getting worse.

You want a pisstake of an album length, try 60s Beach Boys albums. All Summer Long is only 25minutes in total.
Yet he released Quadrophenia at 81 minutes playing time and Tommy at 75 minutes playing time. Who's Next is 45 minutes long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here