Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok hands up! Who has worked at amex?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I believe Lenny Rider also worked at American Express and he became a brighton Fan due to Welsh Brighton fan Alan Groves who was head of Security at the Wedding Cake! And lived near him.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah that was it... putting people first ..funny weekend

I liked having some woman on my table asking me, an ex RN Signalman, if I needed help during the ridiculous Morse code crap. No, ill be ok thanks.

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
6th floor Amex house 1979-1983 then Preston road 83-84. Went back a few times to fix the phones after I joined BT (who gave me 50% more starting pay).
Shit job but I still have friends from there that I see now.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Quinney; said:
Decent social club, well subsidised beers.

Except for the time in around 1982 when the manager forgot to renew the license so it could only serve soft drinks for a week or so.

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I was there 1983-2009. Started in Doc Proc, so knew Mary, and Martin and a few others in between. Also "worked" with Mr. Pasty!!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I remember Dave as well.
I also remember a magnificent bowls night out in Lewes, was talking to Alan Biley in the beer test, when one of our team members came flying straight through us talking about the Albion to take a swing at some bloke wearing a pink t-shirt!!
Steve Sladkowski was awesomely pissed that night. Whatever happened to him?

I remember Dave as well.
I also remember a magnificent bowls night out in Lewes, was talking to Alan Biley in the beer test, when one of our team members came flying straight through us talking about the Albion to take a swing at some bloke wearing a pink t-shirt!!
Steve Sladkowski was awesomely pissed that night. Whatever happened to him?

I think he might be dead,that was a crazy night rolling around fighting in the rain,director getting told to flick off,amex banned from skittles,kerfuffle with the glynde opera buffs and a stand off outside brighton station:facepalm: all started with early drinks at Alan Minters old mans drinking club:moo:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Did anybody go on the shagfest I.O.W trip? It was the first time I had seen many of the Amex women semi, or totally naked. Opened my door to some girl just wearing a shirt looking for some bloke. Woman I was with was hiding under the bedclothes because she knew her, and didnt want her to see her haha...amazing weekend.

Don't know if you are talking about the same weekend but I was on one of those. Can't temem what year it was but it was called 'putting people first'! Awesome times!

Amex weekend at Hayling Island:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Don't know if you are talking about the same weekend but I was on one of those. Can't temem what year it was but it was called 'putting people first'! Awesome times!

Amex weekend at Hayling Island:rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Thats the one...i didnt realise it was Hayling Island..i thought it was IOW for some reason...I thought the weekend was an epic shagfest personally. Dont think they tried anything like that again haha.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath

Thats the one...i didnt realise it was Hayling Island..i thought it was IOW for some reason...I thought the weekend was an epic shagfest personally. Dont think they tried anything like that again haha.[/QUOTE]
I think they tried bringing them in house version however they ran a similar course at a hotel just the other side of Arundel I knocked my self out playing Squash first night as was not aloud to drink.:drink::nono:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I must know a couple of you.. Started in 1997 and been in/out/in/out/in since then and still there now. I went to UB40 and saw the Stranglers (another thread) with Martyn Blythe. Bob Summerfield was my boss for a few years.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
If Bob Summerfield was your boss, then you do probably know me... although, maybe in 97 he was in a different role, possibly outside the comm center.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If Bob Summerfield was your boss, then you do probably know me... although, maybe in 97 he was in a different role, possibly outside the comm center.
He was manager of the operations network team when I worked under him. Did you work on the bridge?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here