Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady To Forest?

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
I think he found himself in a bad situation - he wasn't happy here and the team was shit. He was never going to turn it around here and get any love so this move is best for everyone involved. He does seem like a really good guy and I hope he has success at Forest.

SFI

Jul 27, 2011
We can't pay all his wages, only allowed to pay max 10k per week due to embargo, unless he's on less than that?

Relegation for us I think, embargo and 3 best players with year+ injuries has us well short compared to other championship squads :(

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
No he's on international duty with the England U21 squad.

BURY’S on-loan goalkeeper Christian Walton has been withdrawn from the England Under-21 squad due to a groin injury.

Walton missed Bury's 1-1 draw with Oldham on Saturday and Shakers boss David Flitcroft confirmed after the match that he had been sent back to parent club Brighton to have a groin problem assessed.

“He’s been struggling for probably a week with a groin injury and presented with it after the game (against Leicester City in the Capital One Cup last Tuesday).

“We sent him back down to Brighton to have it assessed by the medical people down there.”

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Meanwhile, apparently Walton has been recalled due to an injury, can anyone confirm this?

I thought I saw Caspar with a plastic leg cast at the Blackburn game, maybe something to do with that?

Edit: Nope nothing to do with that

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I wonder what the odds are on COG on scoring more than 10 goals this season. Ex-Strikers always seem to hit a purple patch after they leave.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like Forest's definition "front man". Not striker, not goalscorer, not even forward - front man.

You've got to feel a bit sorry for COG, he signed for us as Ulloa passed him on the way out, now Forest have signed him as Antonio leaves. Judging by his luck maybe he should change his name to Albert Ross?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We can't pay all his wages, only allowed to pay max 10k per week due to embargo, unless he's on less than that?

Relegation for us I think, embargo and 3 best players with year+ injuries has us well short compared to other championship squads :(

Believe he is on a little bit more than 10k.

Think you may well be in for a tough season.

O'Grady scored one goal (a penalty) for us in 38 league appearances, albeit mainly as a sub. He's very slow & is a poor finisher, but he is strong and holds the ball up pretty well. Maybe he will bring the best out of one of your other strikers?

Mind you, he did score 16 IIRC a couple of seasons ago at this level for Barnsley, maybe he will get goals given the chance in the right system.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought I saw Caspar with a plastic leg cast at the Blackburn game, maybe something to do with that?

Edit: Nope nothing to do with that

Casper has an ankle injury. Christian Walton has a groin injury and has returned for treatment.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Sorry for us - we must still be paying some of his wages. Sorry for you if he is on loan as first choice striker.

But well done to CoG - hope it all works ok. Seemed a decent bloke. He gave a quite remarkable post-match interview after the Arsenal game for which he has my respect.

SFI

Jul 27, 2011
Looking at the squads, only Rotherham are worse than us for me. Granted we broke ffp rules, but can't help but think it's harsh.

Looking at all the money being thrown about, difficult to accept us and Blackburn are what's wrong with the game.

Granted teams like yourselves who haven't spent wildly and are ran well is defiantly the way it should be done, but free transfers and max 10k per week gives you very little chance in today's game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looking at the squads, only Rotherham are worse than us for me. Granted we broke ffp rules, but can't help but think it's harsh.

Looking at all the money being thrown about, difficult to accept us and Blackburn are what's wrong with the game.

Granted teams like yourselves who haven't spent wildly and are ran well is defiantly the way it should be done, but free transfers and max 10k per week gives you very little chance in today's game.

I'd be pretty bitter about QPR if I was a Forest fan.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

It is harsh, Forest certainly weren't the only club that broke the rules..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I agree. QPR are the one's who really are taking the mickey.

I'm afraid COG isn't that good based on his performances with us, but he did do well at Barnsley and maybe we are just a poor fit for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here