Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady To Forest?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Whilst I can't see him getting a game here, I still think COG has some very good qualities as a player and can shine in this league in the right team for him. As well as his hold up play, which is very good, I can see him starting to score goals in the right set up. I wish him well as Forest (as long as they are below us in the table).
My sentiments exactly

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I dont see this ' his hold up play is good' line as when he received the ball he did sweet FA with it so we never reaped any benefit.

Whilst generally you are right with that, there were occasions when he setup goals e.g. Fulham away and Derby home. However, he was more effective when we were ahead and the onus was using up time rather than attacking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst generally you are right with that, there were occasions when he setup goals e.g. Fulham away and Derby home. However, he was more effective when we were ahead and the onus was using up time rather than attacking.

Good point. In terms of taking the ball to the corner flag and holding it there he was truly world class.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Antonio leaving for 7m should hopefully mean we are out of embargo next season.

5 of our 7 subs on Saturday were academy youth players, and the championship is a long tough season. Great to see the young lads coming through, but it only bodes well for the future, it will result in relegation in the short term

Here's hoping COG turns out ok at his hometown club, sounds like a good character at least.

All the best for the season, you watched whilst others spent millions on marquee players breaking the rules, whilst you played fair.

Deserve all the success you get.

Much appreciated, I wish you all the best (bar against us) for the year, have had a soft spot for you guys since the last day of the 2013-14 season and particularly in the face of QPR's shenanagins I hope you lot don't struggle.

As for COG, it's a shame it never worked out for him here. A decent player who never settled and played in a frankly useless side, he still did his bit in keeping us up and for that I will always be grateful. His part in one of my favourite FA Cup matches ever against Brentford will never be forgotten either. Thank-you and good luck Chris.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
BURY’S on-loan goalkeeper Christian Walton has been withdrawn from the England Under-21 squad due to a groin injury.

Walton missed Bury's 1-1 draw with Oldham on Saturday and Shakers boss David Flitcroft confirmed after the match that he had been sent back to parent club Brighton to have a groin problem assessed.

“He’s been struggling for probably a week with a groin injury and presented with it after the game (against Leicester City in the Capital One Cup last Tuesday).

“We sent him back down to Brighton to have it assessed by the medical people down there.”

So you think Ulloa told Walton to fake a booboo in order to get back to Brighton?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fawaz reckons they got the paperwork in for 2 more players before the deadline, just waiting for the announcements, so not all bad for Forest.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Fawaz reckons they got the paperwork in for 2 more players before the deadline, just waiting for the announcements, so not all bad for Forest.

CoG is a good deal for them. No real downside for the, As others have said we had a poor team last year and i dont think anyone excelled. He was good at hold up and did ok for us. Sure we all wanted more but i think that was true for most. I wish him well and wouldnt want him facing us this year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
CoG is a good deal for them. No real downside for the, As others have said we had a poor team last year and i dont think anyone excelled. He was good at hold up and did ok for us. Sure we all wanted more but i think that was true for most. I wish him well and wouldnt want him facing us this year.

This. Good luck to him, a decent pro and a decent fella from what I have seen

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wish him well as well, and his loan does actually prevent him playing against us.

COG was in The Last Chance Saloon when playing against Walsall, but was totally disinterested and failed badly. I wonder though if this loan was already on the cards, and he was dreaming of Nottingham even then.

Sadly, replacing Leo with COG was Burke's greatest mistake. Whilst COG is a good guy, I hope we can shift him permanently next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here