Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O'Grady to Forest well done the board!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
O'Grady played in a basket-case team that didn't create anything before and AFTER Hughton signed.

True but for me the defining moment of him and CMS was when against Rotherham Paddy crossed virtually along the line between the goal line and the 6 yard line and CMS and COG and that other fella Clunge just stood there. Paddy was rightly furious as was I. That showed to me they are not strikers.

Now I know FFS, Ulloa, BZ, hell even Hemed and Barnes would have thrown any of their anatomy at that to get it over the line. All it would have taken was a toenail.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The reason being is that he was absolute shite - one of the worst signings we've ever made imo

Harsh. Whilst he's been crap for us, he was pretty impressive on some occasions; Ipswich last season I remember him playing a blinder and getting a standing ovation when subbed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Technically League Division 2 as it was at the time, and against a Barnsley side that conceded the second most goals at home in that season.

We still lost 3-1 though. Tilt's goal was a SCREAMER from 25 yards, and five minutes later he hit the bar from a similar distance.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
COG isn't even close to one of the worst signings ever made FFS.

He isn't a top end championship striker, certainly, but he has had good games for us and previously scored about 15 goals for relegated Barnsley. He holds the ball up well, he just lacks pace and doesn't create enough goalscoring opportunities.

If you genuinely mean he was one of our worst ever signings (and I don't think you do), then you are utterly clueless.

He is one of the worst easily - we paid 500k for him!! FFS! and he's on approx 12k a week!! cant compare to Tiltman, Farrington etc who were dreadful but were peanuts

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
COG isn't even close to one of the worst signings ever made FFS.

He isn't a top end championship striker, certainly, but he has had good games for us and previously scored about 15 goals for relegated Barnsley. He holds the ball up well, he just lacks pace and doesn't create enough goalscoring opportunities.

If you genuinely mean he was one of our worst ever signings (and I don't think you do), then you are utterly clueless.

Depends how you categorise worse signings

Talent wise? Absolutely not compared to some of the shite that has played over the years, particularly in the Gillingham days on-loan

Value for money wise? Then you do have a case for saying he is one of the worst. One league goal - and that a penalty - for the money we not only paid Barnsley for him but also have forked out on wages is piss poor

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where are all those that defended him ? Blah blah so many goals in a relegated side, blah blah

Depends how you categorise worse signings

Talent wise? Absolutely not compared to some of the shite that has played over the years, particularly in the Gillingham days on-loan

Value for money wise? Then you do have a case for saying he is one of the worst. One league goal - and that a penalty - for the money we not only paid Barnsley for him but also have forked out on wages is piss poor

Then it should say he is one of the worst "value for money" signings we have made.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He is one of the worst easily - we paid 500k for him!! FFS! and he's on approx 12k a week!! cant compare to Tiltman, Farrington etc who were dreadful but were peanuts

It depends though - prices paid back then seem cheap now but may have been a lot at the time. Even now, 500k for a footballer is nothing compared to the 10s of millions being thrown about regularly.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly

Tiltman was dreadful and peanuts.... not sure about Farrington though. He was certainly dreadful... more concerned about his hair than playing, but I think he cost about 100K which in 91 wasn't peanuts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here