Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] O'Grady to Forest well done the board!

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Any chance Nigel Clough will come in for him to go to Burton Albion as we once took a striker off of their hands

Burton don't have the budget to sign him permanently. Very well run club but not cash rich; will be very interesting to see what happens to them if they get promoted which looks very probable at the moment (they are my most 'local' team so I know a fair bit about them).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The reason being is that he was absolute shite - one of the worst signings we've ever made imo
COG isn't even close to one of the worst signings ever made FFS.

He isn't a top end championship striker, certainly, but he has had good games for us and previously scored about 15 goals for relegated Barnsley. He holds the ball up well, he just lacks pace and doesn't create enough goalscoring opportunities.

If you genuinely mean he was one of our worst ever signings (and I don't think you do), then you are utterly clueless.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
COG isn't even close to one of the worst signings ever made FFS.

He isn't a top end championship striker, certainly, but he has had good games for us and previously scored about 15 goals for relegated Barnsley. He holds the ball up well, he just lacks pace and doesn't create enough goalscoring opportunities.

If you genuinely mean he was one of our worst ever signings (and I don't think you do), then you are utterly clueless.

Yep. Damien Hilton, Mark Farrington, Richard Tiltman, Michael Mahoney-Johnson etc etc. You get the drift,

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Quite important if you want to be a centre forward :wink:
Not necessarily, in truth. Paul mariner and Emile Heskey both played at the highest level and were deficient in the same way. There is room in the game for target men who don't excel at finishing off moves and lack a bit of pace.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep. Damien Hilton, Mark Farrington, Richard Tiltman, Michael Mahoney-Johnson etc etc. You get the drift,

Though Tilts scored in the Championship for us. I can't recall whether COG did, but he may have scored a pen. (Do they count now Barnes has left?)

You can add Obika, Best and Paynter.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Not necessarily, in truth. Paul mariner and Emile Heskey both played at the highest level and were deficient in the same way. There is room in the game for target men who don't excel at finishing off moves and lack a bit of pace.

Paul Mariner - bloody hell Sim you are showing your age on that one. I suggest younger readers will have to google him

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Agree with Heskey but I felt compelled to look up Paul Mariner and a scoring ratio of nearly 2:5 is a pretty good return to be fair. 214 in 561.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Agree with Heskey but I felt compelled to look up Paul Mariner and a scoring ratio of nearly 2:5 is a pretty good return to be fair. 214 in 561.

Mariner played in that fantastic Ipswich team that was very attacking, he was bound to have scored a few

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mariner played in that fantastic Ipswich team that was very attacking, he was bound to have scored a few
O'Grady played in a basket-case team that didn't create anything before and AFTER Hughton signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here