Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official Train Commuters Discussion Thread ****

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Someone hit by train in North Croydon, but apparently the line has re-opened now.

You could have picked any of the points of the compass to say where the fatality was yet you chose the one station that doesn't exist!

Good work that man!!

All of a sudden the hour and a half I spent on the M25 this morning doesn't feel like it was poorly spent.

Good luck getting home people .

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Spent last week back in the UK, commuting to LBG from Barnham. Had forgotten how awful it was. Didn't get on one train which was on time either way, all week.

What I noticed this time was the inane announcements made by the guard. "We apologise for the delay because we are held on a red signal".

FFS!

That's because of too many complaints about lack of information (however, I've yet to hear anyone cheer or punch the air at a really good reason)

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Someone hit by train in North Croydon, but apparently the line has re-opened now.

Strange incident too by the sounds of it, reportedly a trespasser was struck by a stopping Caterham - London service at South Croydon, but they bounced off the train and ran off. Due to the incident not being serious, only a few lines were shut so most services only suffered 15 minute delays, with lines fully opening after an hour.

Separate signalling issues at Norwood Jct and (as usual) at London Bridge have screwed this evenings service. Thameslink London Bridge - Brighton services starting/ending at East Croydon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Bridge looking dodgy this afternoon already for those travelling that way to get to the game.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Fatality at Stretham. Nothing on the Sussex side of London Victoria right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here