Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official Train Commuters Discussion Thread ****

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only direct train up the Arun Valley train to LB this morning... 28 minutes late. Bloody typical!

That refund thing REALLY needs to be made cumulative number of minutes delay over the length of your season ticket. Current setup just lets them take the piss.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Early Thameslink from Brighton to London Bridge was cancelled this morning due to 'shortage of train crew'. All London Bridge trains seem to arrive up to 15 mins late now, appears mainly due to congestion due to lower numbers of available platforms. No direct late trains past East Croydon in the evening either. Only 4 years to go before the work is finished :-(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Inspired by [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] I did my first Delay Repay submissions a few weeks back. I'd forgotten all about it and, this morning, £16.20 of National Rail vouchers dropped through the letterbox.

Were there any DelayRepay-able trains on Wednesday or Thursday?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Inspired by [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] I did my first Delay Repay submissions a few weeks back. I'd forgotten all about it and, this morning, £16.20 of National Rail vouchers dropped through the letterbox.

Were there any DelayRepay-able trains on Wednesday or Thursday?

Was that on a weekly ticket?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trains to London screwed again this morning.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
14 minutes late again today...

25Three Bridges08:0508:03 RT08:0508:05 RT
26East Croydon08:2408:31 7L08:2508:33 8L
27London Bridge08:4208:56 14L

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good news or not if you travel in FIRST class but no more on board trolleys or refreshments on Southern services from Monday

Good. Never seen the point of them for such short journeys, all they seem to do is get in the way. if people really can't go an hour without stuffing their faces with something, there are heaps of places to eat and every main station

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That refund thing REALLY needs to be made cumulative number of minutes delay over the length of your season ticket. Current setup just lets them take the piss.

Definitely this.

Or at least be able to claim for the delay like Southern can from Network Rail.

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Good news or not if you travel in FIRST class but no more on board trolleys or refreshments on Southern services from Monday

Wouldn't happen in Germany
Really? I'm glad they did this after my Dad retired. He's still ranting about the withdrawal of the buffet car.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Up until now, Southern seemed to be pretty adept at judging which trains would be just about sparsely populated enough to push a trolley through. Now they've patently decided that there's not enough profit to bother even trying. Just about sums up the disgusting state of the railways really. They've got that captive golden goose lifer commuter mass market, why should they even give a shit about treating them like individual human beings? Not sure who I blame the most: the swine rail companies exploiting the commuter cash cow, or the commuter cash cow happy to continually take up the arse from the swine rail companies. In the end they probably deserve each other in the absence of any kind of meaningful dissent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here