Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Site "Adams considering future"

Stumpy Tim

Did I once say that you wouldn't be supporting Brighton. No. I said it would be nice if the fans got behind whoever is manager at Millwall at the weekend. Also a number of people on here seem to want us to lose if it means Adams goes (I don't know if that includes you so won't comment on that).

My main point though is that you saying this was the highlight of your season is pathetic and I stand by that.

Well I wasn't at the Man City game (was asleep in fact) for obvious reasons. But I want my team to progress and the only thing this season that would mean progress would be Adams leaving. The Man City game was a long roll of paper over a yawning crack the size of the Grand Canyon

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Well I wasn't at the Man City game (was asleep in fact) for obvious reasons. But I want my team to progress and the only thing this season that would mean progress would be Adams leaving. The Man City game was a long roll of paper over a yawning crack the size of the Grand Canyon

Yes, I realise the obvious reasons. The problem with the internet is it means people can comment on things they don't see. I wouldn't be so vociferous in criticising something I haven't seen (or at least have rarely see) but that is just me. I certainly wouldn't spend my time on here or the argus forum slagging off the manager when I can't go because I am the other side of the world.

Stumpy Tim

Yes, I realise the obvious reasons. The problem with the internet is it means people can comment on things they don't see. I wouldn't be so vociferous in criticising something I haven't seen (or at least have rarely see) but that is just me. I certainly wouldn't spend my time on here or the argus forum slagging off the manager when I can't go because I am the other side of the world.

I can see results, and I can listen to opinions of people I respect. It seems the problem for you is that the opinions of people I listen to don't agree with you

Stumpy Tim

I don't have a problem all I am saying is that personally I like to see things myself before I pass judgement. Obviously you are different.

I see the League Table. Here it is:

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Leicester 32 11 5 1 30 10 9 5 1 31 16 35 70
2 MK Dons 30 9 1 5 27 15 10 2 3 34 18 28 60
3 Peterborough 31 9 4 2 30 16 6 5 5 27 26 15 54
4 Scunthorpe 29 8 3 3 28 18 8 2 5 24 20 14 53
5 Oldham 31 9 6 1 31 14 5 5 5 18 23 12 53
6 Millwall 29 9 4 2 20 13 6 3 5 20 20 7 52
7 Stockport 31 7 5 5 26 20 6 4 4 21 15 12 48
8 Leeds 31 9 2 4 30 17 6 1 9 18 21 10 48
9 Tranmere 31 10 3 3 29 16 4 3 8 14 21 6 48
10 Huddersfield 31 8 5 4 24 19 5 3 6 17 24 -2 47
11 Colchester 30 5 3 7 16 16 7 3 5 27 26 1 42
12 Walsall 31 8 1 6 24 23 3 6 7 19 23 -3 40
13 Bristol Rovers 29 7 3 4 29 18 3 6 6 21 24 8 39
14 Southend 30 8 2 5 17 13 2 5 8 17 33 -12 37
15 Hartlepool 31 6 7 3 34 27 3 2 10 12 25 -6 36
16 Carlisle 30 7 2 5 26 20 3 4 9 14 27 -7 36
17 Yeovil 30 3 6 5 15 19 6 3 7 14 22 -12 36
18 Northampton 29 6 6 3 23 14 2 3 9 17 26 0 33
19 Swindon 29 4 4 6 22 26 2 8 5 19 23 -8 30
20 Leyton Orient 31 3 4 8 12 20 4 5 7 12 19 -15 30
21 Brighton 29 3 4 8 19 28 3 6 5 14 17 -12 28
22 Hereford 29 5 4 5 19 13 2 2 11 10 32 -16 27
23 Crewe 29 5 2 6 18 24 2 2 12 17 36 -25 25
24 Cheltenham 29 4 4 7 23 31 1 2 11 13 35 -30 21

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The most succesful clubs are those that change manager the least. The sun had an interesting article (yes I know thats quite rare and no I didnt buy it but read somebody elses!) about the 193 managers that the other current 19 Premiership teams have gone through during Fergusons 23 years in charge. Man Utd stuck with him when to be honest they were pretty dreadful and winning nothing. These days you have to get instant results or the boss is sacked and you end up paying a fortune in compensation.

I would say Adams needs to be given time for the new signings to make an impact, so I would give him at least another month, and if no better then his position should be reviewed.

The most important issue for the club is still the building of Falmer, get that done and the long term future of the club is safe. Then we can look to the pitch and start to turn the club around as per Reading, Hull, Swansea, Bolton, Wigan who have gone from very porrly supported clubs to being able to bring in new fans with a new stadium and that generates new revenue which is invested in the playing side.

Brighton have shown ambition by signing Murray for £300k and more recently Davies and McNulty with our best players (Elphick, Murray) not being sold in the January window.

I am not sure however that Mickey Adams has the support of the majority of the fans any more, I would rather see him stay, but not sure he will.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
The most succesful clubs are those that change manager the least. The sun had an interesting article (yes I know thats quite rare and no I didnt buy it but read somebody elses!) about the 193 managers that the other current 19 Premiership teams have gone through during Fergusons 23 years in charge. Man Utd stuck with him when to be honest they were pretty dreadful and winning nothing. These days you have to get instant results or the boss is sacked and you end up paying a fortune in compensation.

I would say Adams needs to be given time for the new signings to make an impact, so I would give him at least another month, and if no better then his position should be reviewed.

The most important issue for the club is still the building of Falmer, get that done and the long term future of the club is safe. Then we can look to the pitch and start to turn the club around as per Reading, Hull, Swansea, Bolton, Wigan who have gone from very porrly supported clubs to being able to bring in new fans with a new stadium and that generates new revenue which is invested in the playing side.

Brighton have shown ambition by signing Murray for £300k and more recently Davies and McNulty with our best players (Elphick, Murray) not being sold in the January window.

I am not sure however that Mickey Adams has the support of the majority of the fans any more, I would rather see him stay, but not sure he will.

Fair comment but would that be at the expense of league 1 status?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
The question is: does Micky have the support of the majority of the PLAYERS? The surrender to Carlisle suggests that he doesn't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In Fergies early years, I would agree that Man Utd were not pulling up trees, but they were not in any danger of RELEGATION either.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not so sure that the reason the top clubs are more successful is due to manager retention. Barcelona are having a great season with a rookie manager and look good to make the Champions League final. Steve Coppell's been at Reading ages but they still went down last season.

I'd argue the success of Ferguson and Wenger is due mainly to financial muscle, and it's interesting that since Arsenal have really tightened the purse strings after constructing the Emirates Stadium Wenger has won nothing and has been flirting with 5th spot fairly regularly.

Sussex by the Sea

Oct 28, 2008
The question is: does Micky have the support of the majority of the PLAYERS? The surrender to Carlisle suggests that he doesn't.

I agree. I think Adams / White have lost the respect of the players and it will be very difficult for them to raise the confidence of the players over the next few games. Most fans have rightly been expressing their disapointment and now it looks like Adams has lost the abcking of the board. Let's hope good sense prevails before it's too late.......Adams out.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

SHOCK HORROR.....!

Amazing.........a revelation by the Sun..!

So, succesful managers don't get the sack.............unless of course, your name is Dean Wilkins, and you,re employed by Dick Knight.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Spot on as usual Mark. Pretty much what I said a while back when the first Adams Out chants were being heard.

Personally, I'd keep him in.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
SHOCK HORROR.....!

Amazing.........a revelation by the Sun..!

So, succesful managers don't get the sack.............unless of course, your name is Dean Wilkins, and you,re employed by Dick Knight.

The point Mark was making was that those managers who are given a decent chance..........

oh f*** it, whats the point

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We can hypothesise about whether he's lost the dressing room or not, but the fact is we simply don't know. If you look at last night's side Kuipers, Livermore, Virgo, Birchall, Jarrett and Andrew are 'Adams' men, kids like Cook, Sullivan, Fraser have been getting their chance so I don't see why having built a side he'd be losing respect.

The problem to me seems to be pretty much tactical ineptitude and an inability to organise the team properly, but the worst home record in the division also indicates a weak mindset with the players.

Withdean was a fortress in the glory years and not just because it was new to a lot of teams but because the players embraced it in the right way. In many respects it suited us to be the crisis club having no money and giving players like Cullip / Oatway / Zamora / Carpenter / Kuipers the opportunity to play where none existed before. Now we've signed players used to better in the Championship and it just hasn't happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here