Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Site "Adams considering future"

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Taken in context of one match, we didn't do too badly, alright it wasnt pretty and at times horrible, but we could have won despite a crazy mix up and a dodgy sending off.

BUT, in context for the season, where we have taken a side that finished 7th to a side currently stuggling for survival, with quite a few new players added, then you have to question the whole management team.

Could anyone else do any better with our squad - yes, I believe they could, but what does DK and the Board believe?, I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Mr Knight really has made an almighty cock-up of this club lately.

He divided the fans with the Wilkins decision......

He will divide the fans further when he sacks Adams........

His position as Chairman, IMHO, is now also untenable..............

..............which will divide the fans even further.

What a total f*** UP you have made Mr Knight.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Taken in context of one match, we didn't do too badly, alright it wasnt pretty and at times horrible, but we could have won despite a crazy mix up and a dodgy sending off.

BUT, in context for the season, where we have taken a side that finished 7th to a side currently stuggling for survival, with quite a few new players added, then you have to question the whole management team.

Could anyone else do any better with our squad - yes, I believe they could, but what does DK and the Board believe?, I guess we'll find out pretty soon.

Certainly agree. Tonite wasnt all that bad, if we wasnt in our current "predicament".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It does read like he knows he's a goner, and I'm surprised they've gone with the "considering his future" angle, rather than "Micky rues his luck".

agreed. knight has created this mess.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Knight will UNITE the fans if he sacks Adams.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
All I can say uis I have just returned from the pub in Hove and there are so many pissed off peope it is truely depressing. That is all and i am off to bed now. Hopefully my hangover will be helped by the news of Micky's dpeparture! over 2 legs we have lost to a crap side. It is not rocket science. End of story!!!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I think Knight will UNITE the fans if he sacks Adams.

Although most fans want to see the back of Micky Adams as manager, there are many (myself included) who will feel very sad that someone as honest and supportive of this club as he is.....has failed miserably.

Whatever Mr Knight does, will only divide the fans more.

He lost the plot as Chairman some time ago.......and is steadily getting worse.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of course it's sad that Micky's been as bad as he was good first time around, but football is always about the next match and if we're going to fill Falmer we have to stop the rot.

DK can redeem himself by appointing someone decent.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008

Knight is the front man, the figurehead and major shareholder. But he does not take decisions alone: on the contrary, increasingly it is not DK who calls the shots. From what we understand, it was a UNANIMOUS decision to fire Wilkins. Equally, from what we understand, it is DK who has avoided pulling the trigger earlier on MA.

Sure, Knight has made mistakes (haven't we all). But don't forget Adams (1st time), Taylor, Coppell and McGhee were all appointments that were made under his stewardship. He has also done what very few others have ever done, and that is put his own money into the club with no real prospect of getting all of it back. Time to show a bit more respect to the bloke IMHO.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

'wasnt pretty and at times horrible' fails to do justice to such a poor performance totally lacking in any creativity or guile, let alone the basics of a decent bit of football!!

Constant hoofing upfield with someone getting on the end of it only very rarely was absolute shite - how you think we could've won I really dont know - but Adams, Booker and White CLEARLY are not getting the best out of this squad and must go now!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Which board member are you, seeing as you must know all everything they say and do?

Do you seriously believe that decisions about who the manager is, etc is made by Knight alone, and doesn't involve any of the other board members?

We have too many "spoilt baby" fans attached to this club imo, people who demand instant success even if it means running the club in an irresponsible way, they demand money is spent on improving the squad, (which we did) but can't be bothered to give them a chance to gel when they do arrive (despite promising signs from the 2 matches they have played)

How many on NSC wanted Wilkins out last Christmas? but bleat on about him after being sacked a few months later

How many on NSC wanted Adams to return, but were unwilling to give him time before the abuse started almost straight away, and despite the season being 46 games, not 6 - absolutely no patience anymore, patience other managers got, like McGhee. And despite of Adams previous good record as manager for the club.

Some people are never gonna be happy whatever the club do, even if they are acting to try to meet those demands as best as they can with limited resources.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

'wasnt pretty and at times horrible' fails to do justice to such a poor performance totally lacking in any creativity or guile, let alone the basics of a decent bit of football!!

Constant hoofing upfield with someone getting on the end of it only very rarely was absolute shite - how you think we could've won I really dont know - but Adams, Booker and White CLEARLY are not getting the best out of this squad and must go now!!

you mean the creativity of the 3 ineligable players who were forced to sit out would have provided? Carole, McNulty and Davies.

So may i make a suggestion and you actually bother to turn up to a league game and watch them now with our new players, and then see if your view is the same? its all to easy to criticise when all you base your assumption on is a scoreline.

You clearly have no knowledge of what football is like and that any team with ten men is going to be under pressure

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
The interview before the game tonight on Sky left me with the impression that Adams was going to walk after the game. If he does go I will be happy, however he will still be a legend from his last reign, and his respect for the club and fans would be unquestionable if he resigns, how many other managers would forfeit the compensation entitlement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here