Official Running Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Down to the last two, currently out on ‘yard 81’ - 337.5 miles done since 7am Saturday

https://my.raceresult.com/183854/#0_B3DC1F

Heartbreaking...

"Terumichi Morishita, a true warrior to the end. He tripped on his final loop and with a temporary loss of consciousness, lost track of time and came in over the limit by 30 seconds on the record tying loop. My heart hurts for him, but it was truly amazing to watch him over the last three and a half days. Every time he passed me he would say “thank you.” Such beautiful heart, soul and strength on display for us all. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVObxm-rXQ_/?utm_medium=copy_link

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All over, 85 yards for the winner. 354 mile and 71 hours of near-continuous running.

EF0BDD39-DD26-41E3-BECC-26A0E4C94544.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Moyleman sold out within an hour or two this morning. I missed the boat.

As you might have guessed, I didn't! Up and at my desk by 6:50, ready to log on and get that spot.

I can't remember for sure, but the first time I entered (2017), there were loads of spaces left for ages. Unbelievable how it now sells out in under two hours.

I'm not normally one for times, but I've got my eye on sub-4:52 that will get me a PB in my fourth time running the course.

Great training for Manchester in April, right? All aboard the NSC funbus!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
My running watch (Garmin 920XT, so tri watch actually) started to play up (rebooting mid-run a few times), so I'd been on the lookout for a new one. After reading some reviews I decided upon the Coros Pace 2 and setup a price alert, and today it went off as it's dipped under £160 on Amazon.

Some things I was looking for was 400m track mode, as I've just started going to weekly track sessions. Also, better Stryd functionality was a bonus.

I've been pretty loyal to Garmin, and do use Garmin to sync to Strava, so am a little apprehensive...

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone was on the lookout. Of course use the NSC Amazon link if you are :)

Gibby Haynes

Sep 11, 2017
Portslade
If anyone is doing the Beachy Head Marathon tomorrow, it is now 2 laps of the Half Marathon course due to parts of the course being unpassable due to the recent weather.
Looking forward to running the Seven Sisters twice :cry:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Evening chaps.

I've been back in training now since June, though I had another three weeks out in August. I'm thinking of doing my first parkrun since March 2020 tomorrow and the weather looks ideal for Hove Prom.

My last time was 22 minutes and something and a 65% AG. I will be happy with anything under 30 minutes tomorrow - but it's about time I got back to social running again.

Anyone else out?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Evening chaps.

I've been back in training now since June, though I had another three weeks out in August. I'm thinking of doing my first parkrun since March 2020 tomorrow and the weather looks ideal for Hove Prom.

My last time was 22 minutes and something and a 65% AG. I will be happy with anything under 30 minutes tomorrow - but it's about time I got back to social running again.

Anyone else out?

I’ll be there for the first time since September 2019.

See you tomorrow.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I’m still out and even the volunteers places are taken. Might go to the new Beach Hut erected today, 122, and have a coffee planning the finishing touches to the painting whilst listening to the panting.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Somewhere between 26.54 (my phone time) and 27.08 (which the lady in front of me said she had on her watch) for me today. I will get the gaffer to update my SB when I get the official time. Would be over the moon with either and it's a good baseline to kick on from now.

Did a proper warm up and cool down, something I remembered from the days of being coached. As I laboured through a run/walk c/d, covered in sweat, limping slightly, jacket at half mast I spied Graham Potter coming the other way with his boy, looking like a male model. Suffice to say I didn't say anything :lolol:

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
A rust busting 17:58 (AG 78.29% / 1st finisher) belated return to my OG local small but awesome Canons Park parkrun for me this morning (my last parkrun was back on New Year's Day 2020!) Although it was a bit of a shock to my post-marathon legs it was brilliant fun!

It would have been cool to tackle it with someone (I was on my own from the start) but great to put a marker down to target improving with some more shorter speedier stuff over the winter.

Well done to everyone who made it out to a parkrun this morning! :clap2:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Great to see some NSC runners this morning.

I came in at Hove Prom in 18:00. Very happy with that and even paced as 9:00 at halfway.

The Strava segment for the final 100 metres says I ran 17 seconds for it, but alas the sub 18 will have to wait.

76.97% age grading so I’ll need an update too please gaffer.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Great to see some NSC runners this morning.

I came in at Hove Prom in 18:00. Very happy with that and even paced as 9:00 at halfway.

The Strava segment for the final 100 metres says I ran 17 seconds for it, but alas the sub 18 will have to wait.

76.97% age grading so I’ll need an update too please gaffer.

Saw you finishing - glanced at my watch - it said 18:01 - thought that’s going to be close! Well done. Sorry not to see you afterwards but had to buy some breakfast for Mrs Simgull!

I took it fairly easy for the first half, pacing a friend looking for 24mins but also due to last night’s beers. She gave up so I stepped up and achieved a negative split time of 22:32.

Good to catch up with [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]. Well done on your time - you looked comfortable at that pace.

After trying for around half an hour, I’ve managed to get a Grizzly entry for next March. Not done this one before but told great things about it so one to look forward to.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Good to see NSC Park Runners out and about. Worthing - perfect conditions - and 20.44. Decent effort and just a few frustrating seconds outside the SB. AG 81.67% which was only the 8th best in the field, showing again Worthing's attraction for faster runners (of all ages!). Gaffer will have noted a 20.30 elsewhere by Mr Gasson.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It has been a LONG time, but I finally made my parkrun return at Guildford this morning. Finished 18th in 19:57 (AG 71.6%), which was enough to bag a 1st place in my age category.

I then trotted back to take Junior Orange off of my wife's hands so he could sprint home for a PB.

Very happy all round. :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to see NSC Park Runners out and about. Worthing - perfect conditions - and 20.44. Decent effort and just a few frustrating seconds outside the SB. AG 81.67% which was only the 8th best in the field, showing again Worthing's attraction for faster runners (of all ages!). Gaffer will have noted a 20.30 elsewhere by Mr Gasson.

I must admit that I didn't notice anyone's times let alone PG's. I 've stopped looking at Strava and Parkrun results.:(

Achilles still sore. Had to cancel Friday's appointment as the weather made a D Day assault on Beach Hut replacement. So will find out on Monday what's happening.

Been some good runs today from the lads and you're showing great consistency. Shame I'm out as although I'm not going to get near your AG I'd achieve an SB by running my balls off trying to catch you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports