Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you've run a 53 minute 10km, I'm sure you'll break 25 minutes for a 5km.

Did a 25.34 Park Run PB today at Hove Park / getting closer. !
Who is doing the triple on NYD - 2x Park Runs and Chelsea at 12.30pm
Won’t be time for a shower :)

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I'm pulling my effort. My sick note is 24 hours of the squitters. Not wise to give it more than 100%. I'll save that for NYD at Hove Prom. Congratulations to you both I have lost to 2 all time NSC greats.

Still on my way over to say hello and recce the course for when I return to have a crack at GNTs admirable 60+ Worthing time of 20:29.

Good to see you today; thanks for taking the trouble to come over. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Also good to meet Artie who did a ridiculous 17.20 (AG 79.90%) and (as seen from my marshal's station) looked to be in about 3rd gear.

I'd like to think I'll be back for a NYD double (Littlehampton 9.00; Worthing 10.30) but not confident. And so we move to a new season for the NSC running league table (thanks for your stewardship of this). I think Artie will be a very hard man to beat!!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
23:30 for me at Myrtle near Bradford. Tough little four lapper including a section through a muddy field which softened you up before the climb back up the hill. Good enough for 17th place and an age category win.
Back on the road south now with dodgy Talksport commentary - see you at Hove Prom and Park for NYD double.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I got absolutely slaughtered last night and into this morning, I got home at 4am and although I was up at 8:30 intending to go parkrun, I really was in no fit state to do so. I then went back to bed and have stayed there since. I watched some of the match, but missed 90% of it.

I am never drinking again. :cheers:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
I was hoping to finish the year with a sub 21 at Hastings but could only manage 21:02. I might have another go on Wednesday.

The top 3 at Hastings today were all juniors with second place in the 11-14 category with AG 85%. He was really small and has no right running that fast. The winner 15-17 finished in 16:24.

D

Deleted member 2719

I got absolutely slaughtered last night and into this morning, I got home at 4am and although I was up at 8:30 intending to go parkrun, I really was in no fit state to do so. I then went back to bed and have stayed there since. I watched some of the match, but missed 90% of it.

I am never drinking again. :cheers:

Oh dear, I hope your feeling better tomorrow, I think a restructuring of your drinking nights is required!

I once played arguably my best football match after throwing up Bells whiskey all night the night before, I was even reaching on the pitch, I think the opposition didn't want to get touch tight on me!

Not sure where I got the stamina from unless bells enhanced my performance.

One thing it taught me was, Saturday nights are drinking nights!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was hoping to finish the year with a sub 21 at Hastings but could only manage 21:02. I might have another go on Wednesday.

The top 3 at Hastings today were all juniors with second place in the 11-14 category with AG 85%. He was really small and has no right running that fast. The winner 15-17 finished in 16:24.

Sounds to me that you could get all of the ******* disqualified for not being within an arms length of an adult. :lolol: It's great to see the youth enjoy Parkrun.:clap2:

Good running from you. I'm getting nearer to you and will be training towards 3 XC races in the next 4 weeks to build up stamina. Hopefully Knocky sicknote will be able to perform in a showdown in 2020.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I got my PB of 21:29 at the Peacehaven park run today, which is a great way to end the year. My calf have completely seized up which is not so great.

Excellent stuff. Great way to end the year. Not a fast course that one. I'll add you to the final 2019 table. We look forward to seeing you at the Weakest Link Relay in June.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good to see you today; thanks for taking the trouble to come over. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Also good to meet Artie who did a ridiculous 17.20 (AG 79.90%) and (as seen from my marshal's station) looked to be in about 3rd gear.

I'd like to think I'll be back for a NYD double (Littlehampton 9.00; Worthing 10.30) but not confident. And so we move to a new season for the NSC running league table (thanks for your stewardship of this). I think Artie will be a very hard man to beat!!

Good to see you both. I parked on a double yellow to see the Fufkin run it home. He had time to say "Thanks for coming along see you again". Very impressive. If we can coax him down for the Weakest Link Relay, we may be able to resurrect the NSC A Team.

Thought I'd be able to jog the run but decided not to and was not even able to drink a pint before the match. Good to meet Mrs GNT in a seafront shelter, she's as competitive as you! I'll return to Worthing.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Well, I don't know how much is psychological or its new trainer bounce but Mrs.A's present of new Brooks Adrenaline 20 saw me go round Preston Park in 22.19 (71.84%) my 2019 best!!
I think I might wrap them in cotton wool for special events and keep using my old ones for a bit! This even after having friends round last night having a last gin and tonic around 1.30am. Not quite Ninjas boozing effort but hardly textbook preparation either.
Wishing you all a good and injury free 2020. Gawd Bless us everyone!

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Good to see you both. I parked on a double yellow to see the Fufkin run it home. He had time to say "Thanks for coming along see you again". Very impressive. If we can coax him down for the Weakest Link Relay, we may be able to resurrect the NSC A Team.

Thought I'd be able to jog the run but decided not to and was not even able to drink a pint before the match. Good to meet Mrs GNT in a seafront shelter, she's as competitive as you! I'll return to Worthing.

It was really nice to meet you [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] and [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION] this morning! :bowdown: Thanks so much for making the trip over to Worthing despite not feeling good Gaffer and many thanks for marshalling @GNT. I had a blast! Back in sleepy Herts now, already missing the sea. Must make more of an effort to come down more often next year and make it to the Weakest Link Relay NSC Team. Thanks again guys! With the brilliant performance today and much deserved 3 points it's been a great day!

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Managed a SB 19:09 at Hove Park yesterday, pretty happy with that considering I'd hardly run for weeks due to some nasty virus. Luckily I should be back firing on all cylinders for the various XC races in the New Year.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have now duly recovered and will be aiming for back to back sub-19s on New Years Day. I shall be going nowhere near booze beforehand. :thumbsup:

9 miles tomorrow and I'll finish the year with 1,700 miles in the tank. Not quite but almost double my previous best tally!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have now duly recovered and will be aiming for back to back sub-19s on New Years Day. I shall be going nowhere near booze beforehand. :thumbsup:

9 miles tomorrow and I'll finish the year with 1,700 miles in the tank. Not quite but almost double my previous best tally!

Good total that. I already have an all time best tally at 688.6 but will try to do the 11.4 miles needed for the 700.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I may well have run for the final time this year. I’ve completed 100 miles or more every calendar month and stand at 1318.4 overall. If I do run tomorrow it will be a very slow and short run, ending in a .6.

Park Run New Year’s Day is very tempting. Would like to run both but one will do though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Getting parkrun envy reading about all the excellent efforts, bloody brilliant all round.......sadly I’m not in any kind of 5k shape after 2 months out and a month of slow plodding to get back to something approaching normal volume, and definitely carrying some seasonal lardage too. Loads of neighbourly drinks planned NYE so Weds is probably out as well. Got a week away with work then a three week holiday so might be a while before I log a mid-low table number for 2020.......

The two months out recently knackered my yearly mileage so will end up on about 1,750ish - was hoping to do 2019 in 2019. Time to start thinking about 2020 race targets [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] Very tempted by the Centurion ‘50 slam’ of their 4 x 50 milers.......

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Brilliant on all the PBs. Have had a wretched month mentally but emerged on Saturday for a 20:01 5k. Tediously nerdy but I think Peacehaven Parky is a bit too long - probably by about 150m.
Anyone thinking of doing both Hove runs on NYD?

Glad you resurfaced and with a good effort.
I’ll be at the Prom but think I’ll give Hove Park a miss this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here