Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I will be at Dunsfold Aerodrome (Top Gear) for the Tempest 10m on 3rd March.
Crystal Palace Stadium for the Age UK 10k on 10 March
Water Of Life Half Marathon on 24 March
Maidenhead 10m on Easter Friday
Mels Milers 10k on 7 April
London Marathon 21 April.

Hope to see some of you there, saw a chap called Gaz running in an Albion shirt in the Btn half last week.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
14.5 miles yesterday and feel pretty good on it today.

First run of the year that hasn't been in rain, snow, freezing temperatures or icy pavements. Just glorious sunshine. Amazing the difference that makes.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quick question: does anybody else use the adidas MiCoach app to track their runs?

I've always thought the timing on it was a bit of a puzzle but never actually bothered to check it until now. Timed myself on a run tonight using both that and a stopwatch, & according to my watch, I'm running about 20-30 seconds a mile quicker than MiCoach thinks I am.

Which is obviously a bonus for me, but is that a common thing with these devices? Why does it happen?

At least I can adjust my hoped-for marathon time down a bit now :clap:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Quick question: does anybody else use the adidas MiCoach app to track their runs?

I've always thought the timing on it was a bit of a puzzle but never actually bothered to check it until now. Timed myself on a run tonight using both that and a stopwatch, & according to my watch, I'm running about 20-30 seconds a mile quicker than MiCoach thinks I am.

Which is obviously a bonus for me, but is that a common thing with these devices? Why does it happen?

At least I can adjust my hoped-for marathon time down a bit now :clap:

I had to re-calibrate my Nike+ app on my ipod the other day because I was running about 30 seconds a mile FASTER than I thought. So unfortunately, I haven't been running as far as I thought, which is a bit annoying. Haven't got a clue why it happens as it gets parkrun spot on, but seems to add on a mile every seven miles on other runs. Ah well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Anyone know owt about the Eastbourne Half? Sunday week, pondering doing it to back up some of the track noodlings I've been up to. Would mean abandon the beer fest though...

I'm running that next weekend, not much more to add than that. Only my 2nd 1/2 marathon after Hastings last year. Course has one big hill around mile 3 and then is pretty flat from mile 5 onwards.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Just completed my third 1/2 at the Sumpu Marathon in Shizuoka City. My first half marathon since the same one last year but shaved the best part of 7 minutes off my time. Pretty much 1h28m on the money. Don't want to leave it another year until the next one, so will have to sign up for another soon.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Anyone know owt about the Eastbourne Half? Sunday week, pondering doing it to back up some of the track noodlings I've been up to. Would mean abandon the beer fest though...

Did you run it? I finished in 2.19. Took 11 mins off of my Hastings time so pretty happy, but know I should and could do better. Struggled with the hill and into the headwind. A bit of walking and running from 9.5 miles. Ran the last mile. Need to get through that bloody wall.

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I ran it (the eastbourne half) today. There is a bloody great mile long hill at 3 miles but otherwise very pleasant. Would recommend for next year, but prepare mentally for that hill! Lots of blue and white being worn all the way round - and saw two guys running in full BHA kit. Never saw them on the run, assume they were way ahead of me, but then again saw one having a fag after the run so possibly not...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did 10 miles this afternoon after 15 on Friday, 6 weeks to go to the Brighton marathon.

Which, incidentally, I seem to have agreed to run for REMF after a couple of drinks on Friday night. Any other REMF runners on here??

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Did you run it? I finished in 2.19. Took 11 mins off of my Hastings time so pretty happy, but know I should and could do better. Struggled with the hill and into the headwind. A bit of walking and running from 9.5 miles. Ran the last mile. Need to get through that bloody wall.

Well done Postman Pat - agree the hill was tough but good to get it out of the way early on. I was struggling from mile 8 onwards but somehow kept hitting my 8 min/mile targets to knock nearly four mins of my PB which was at Bexhill which I think is an easier course (bar the repeated turn round points)....Seaford next on my agenda in June - a very different challenge :ohmy:

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I'm ramping up my training for Brighton Marathon. Doing 18 miles this Saturday morning.

Did Tunbridge Wells HM a couple of weekends ago. A pleasant enough run, despite the cold weather, so can recommend it.

Had to suffer the shame though, of being beaten by Bagpuss......

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm ramping up my training for Brighton Marathon. Doing 18 miles this Saturday morning.

Did Tunbridge Wells HM a couple of weekends ago. A pleasant enough run, despite the cold weather, so can recommend it.

Had to suffer the shame though, of being beaten by Bagpuss......

I got overtaken by a stick of rock during last years marathon!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Saltdean and back (from Shoreham-by-Sea) for me early doors on Sunday. Looks like rain - great.

Up to Richmond on the 24th for the Whole Foods 16-miler, anyone else?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Oh, forgot to mention I'm doing Hastings HM in a few weeks time.

Been meaning to do it again, after having some "bowel" problems a few years ago....

Yoda

English & European
Anyone doing the Worthing 20 this weekend? Thinking I might but haven't registered. I presume entry on the day won't be a problem?

As one of the race organisers, entry on the day will be fine but make sure you get there early for it. There are only around 120 spaces left and we are expecting a big group from a club in Brighton of about 50 entering on the day. £25 cash only.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
As one of the race organisers, entry on the day will be fine but make sure you get there early for it. There are only around 120 spaces left and we are expecting a big group from a club in Brighton of about 50 entering on the day. £25 cash only.

Cheers, will make sure I get there early then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here