Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went down to watch Bright10 this morning. Funny perspective being a spectator. I'm convinced I would have come first. Caught up with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION], who finished faster than my 10k pace, still feeling his hamstring. Particularly interesting to hear about the reason for the scar on his neck. Also caught up with [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] talking about getting sea sick, if he runs too near the sea, or something like that.:lol::lol: Maybe he should move to Croydon?

Good event, quiet due to weather forecast, blustery conditions and no rain. Well done.

I came in at 70:01 so just a second off my target time (I'm still convinced I was bang on 70)

I felt the hamstring even in mile 1 but learning to live with it. Running a 7 minute minute now takes effort, 6 months ago it was completely effortless, so today will help as long as recovery goes well.

My neck injury is a scary could've been worse story whilst [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] getting punched in the face down West Street is hilarious!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sounds like some good running today for many. Well done to all. Looks like a 2066 challenge has been set up; I'm in.

I'll be 79. I'm in.

I missed the Bright10, I flew back in from Antalya in Turkey last night and stayed over in Luton which is a shame. I'd have liked to have run the race, but life must go on. Back on the training tomorrow with a hench run I wanted to do today.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My neck injury is a scary could've been worse story whilst [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] getting punched in the face down West Street is hilarious!

Note to everyone these events in West Street happened about 15 years and 40 years ago. We were not in Wetherspoons from 11am this morning.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Blimey [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] - thought that was a good time - 34th out of 809 - that's phenomenal.

Shows it was a tough course with only four sub 2 hour finishers.

Btw who's that handsome beast in the BOSH vest in the Argus site front page BRIGHT10 photos!

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Blimey [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION] - thought that was a good time - 34th out of 809 - that's phenomenal.

Btw who's that handsome beast in the BOSH vest in the Argus site front page BRIGHT10 photos!

Thanks, surprised I was so far up the field. I was sorry I missed you but really pleased you made the grid. Good your back.
Monica, cross dressing Sundays? Bet he's pretty in pink

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Please God NO?

Sub-90 for me: 1:29.59

Missed the original target by 10 minutes - it's becoming a habit of having crap runs along the coast. Mind you - a biggish night last night didn't help...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Please God NO?

Sub-90 for me: 1:29.59

Missed the original target by 10 minutes - it's becoming a habit of having crap runs along the coast. Mind you - a biggish night last night didn't help...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What was it? Can't remember. Bottle of red and unlimited g and ts?

acheter

Banned
Aug 17, 2016
I just subscribed to their FB page after I realised that they put on Beat The Tide, LunarTic and a whole load of other decent races. Seem like good passionate guys.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
OK - This is a massive PLEA for advice from you experienced runners...

I have been running about 4 years maybe now. Fairly small distances. I did 6 half marathons in a year which was my biggest achievement so far and have 3 more booked up for the next 6 months. I run usually once a week due to time / childcare & often that is just a 5k park run or 10k gentle run. I am very slow compared to most - my 10k best time 58mins - first half marathon 2-23 but got that down to 2-05PB at Brighton this year. I love the buzz of half marathons - the sense of pride at crossing the line - the running with friends etc...

I entered the ballot for London marathon - kind of hoping I wouldn't get in (which I didn't). A few mates are doing Brighton marathon again and have asked me to consider it. I am. BUT I realise it's a big commitment. I'd probably want to do such an event for charity to spur me on to train properly and make sure I do it. It would be one of my lifetime achievements to complete a marathon hands down... I'm quite a big bloke (nearly 16 stone) but have lost nearly a stone since March and 9lbs in 3 weeks doing Juice-Plus diet with the Mrs and eating much, much better. The weight loss is helping with the running - massively.

Now here's the thing... I'm so so so scared at committing to a marathon! I find halves hard enough and I realise the enormity of the commitment - I'd have to follow a strict training programme and make sure I stick to it and am committed. I realise the enormity of taking on the distance but part of me is buzzing & excited. I don't want people on here to just say 'go for it' if they don't properly mean it. I value the advice of others who know best and there are many on this thread. Just want some advice from as many people as possible please...

Essentially I'm offloading my thoughts on you all so I apologise for the disjointed nature of this post...

PS - I also thought I ought to go to the doctors for an MOT before committing to this- am I being stupid thinking this?

Help appreciated an awful lot so thank you to those who have read and reply...

Much love

Sheebo

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
OK - This is a massive PLEA for advice from you experienced runners...

I have been running about 4 years maybe now. Fairly small distances. I did 6 half marathons in a year which was my biggest achievement so far and have 3 more booked up for the next 6 months. I run usually once a week due to time / childcare & often that is just a 5k park run or 10k gentle run. I am very slow compared to most - my 10k best time 58mins - first half marathon 2-23 but got that down to 2-05PB at Brighton this year. I love the buzz of half marathons - the sense of pride at crossing the line - the running with friends etc...

I entered the ballot for London marathon - kind of hoping I wouldn't get in (which I didn't). A few mates are doing Brighton marathon again and have asked me to consider it. I am. BUT I realise it's a big commitment. I'd probably want to do such an event for charity to spur me on to train properly and make sure I do it. It would be one of my lifetime achievements to complete a marathon hands down... I'm quite a big bloke (nearly 16 stone) but have lost nearly a stone since March and 9lbs in 3 weeks doing Juice-Plus diet with the Mrs and eating much, much better. The weight loss is helping with the running - massively.

Now here's the thing... I'm so so so scared at committing to a marathon! I find halves hard enough and I realise the enormity of the commitment - I'd have to follow a strict training programme and make sure I stick to it and am committed. I realise the enormity of taking on the distance but part of me is buzzing & excited. I don't want people on here to just say 'go for it' if they don't properly mean it. I value the advice of others who know best and there are many on this thread. Just want some advice from as many people as possible please...

Essentially I'm offloading my thoughts on you all so I apologise for the disjointed nature of this post...

PS - I also thought I ought to go to the doctors for an MOT before committing to this- am I being stupid thinking this?

Help appreciated an awful lot so thank you to those who have read and reply...

Much love

Sheebo

Get in there. Could be worth getting a GP's MOT but you can obviously do it from your recent achievements. Sub 4 hours 30 is a very attainable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here