Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Cheers Knocky. You pushed me very close and I suspect that when you are on or near top form the age-graded title is yours to take. I plan to the HP parkrun next week so we'll see how that goes.

6 weeks holiday for me from Tuesday but I will train hard to be best old man. You have a percentage I have never beaten.

I am running full to max at the moment. Trying to beat your AG percentage fits in with a sub 20. A nice target. I will give it a bash in November and see what happens. Certainly would have been a minute slower today without NSC.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
6 weeks holiday for me from Tuesday but I will train hard to be best old man. You have a percentage I have never beaten.

I am running full to max at the moment. Trying to beat your AG percentage fits in with a sub 20. A nice target. I will give it a bash in November and see what happens. Certainly would have been a minute slower today without NSC.

Bolox, it was the new shoes [emoji3]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting I was having a debate with hans krayy's fan club around professional footballers 5k times. He's of the opinion all footballers could run a sub 18 minute 5k I'm far from convinced maybe 30% of footballers at most.

And not many keepers [emoji3]

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm impressed that Andrew Strauss ran a good London Marathon 2013. Around 3:30 I recall but I Can't find the exact time..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great to see you all today at HP. I came in at 21.17 in the end, so a few seconds off my 2015 PB and 25 off the all-time one.

Second in my age group was a bonus, but lagging seriously being the rest of the NSC crew - great effort today, especially [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] the new record holder 👍

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And for the record Mrs Simgull's 50th parkrun NOT birthday!
Well done Mrs Simgull - next stop 100 - she might even get a t-shirt before [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] 😉

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very annoying it hasn't registered, I have emailed them pleading for them to make the record official. As for your pb set back in 1979 I'm not sure I'm going to go sub 18 anytime soon.

Good confidence boost for me today as conditions weren't ideal, aims now sub 19 5k, sub 40 10k and sub 1:30 half marathon hope to have them fulfilled by the Brighton half in Feb.

Quick scan of the results yesterday shows 60+ 'unknowns'.....really unusual I think. Might have been a 'new' volunteer perhaps.

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/brighton/results/latestresults/

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
T

Congratulations. You have to beat my PB now 17:45. Probably will as well.

Annoying for your Bar Code to not be read. Mine wasn't either. Not even registered as a runner today. Did you use the middle lane? My watch time was 20:25.

The end result is [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] gets my Hove Park record he already unknowingly held. [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] beat me again but certainly helps my time, I skipped through a gap to go past him after 1k and within seconds he powered by and kicked up the hill. [MENTION=4949]7:18[/MENTION] ambled by listening to some tunes and helped as a pacer. [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] helped me with our early fast pace. [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] was behind me for the first time in weeks :smile::smile:and Happy 50th to Mrs Simgull. Great smiling finish from 6666junior.

All in all a good run. As Godfather I am glad the spirit of the NSC challenge has worked so well.

[MENTION=635]Gary Nelson[/MENTION]'s Teacher you are the champion. I failed to match your winning Age Grade percentage. 75% something for me. I'm aiming to get you and Dazzer6666 in the next 12 months!

Great running everyone great running.. And well dong big nuts.. With your constant improvements you must be aiming for a sub 19?

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Ran my last but one training long run before the round Norfolk relayIn 2 weeks. 10.6 miles in 1h7min 05 sec ( 6.20 pace ) took 2 minutes Off last weeks long run. Can't wait for it all to start..

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Glorious morning for running. Headed up to Ditchling Beacon only to find Ditchling Road shut north of the A27 for a cycling event, so parked in the layby south of A27, ran to the Beacon and turned right only SDW past BlackCap. 20km in 1hr 47 - not quick but wanted to see how ready I am for Barns Green in 3 weeks (gulp!). Not seen so many runners up on the SDW before - feels like everyone has started back up following summer I guess there are a whole load of HMs and full marathons in next few months.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Sounds like you lot had a good park run this weekend. Well done everyone.

I'm on a few days holiday in North Wales with my Dad. Despite that I've managed to pop in some miles around Beddgelert today. It's a bit hilly round here...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Parkrunners with no time, see post from the Facebook group (with email address to contact)

b5f7c5290a18886067ed3e03b825690b.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here