Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Couldn't run on Sunday at all as my wife was away till late so had a roast instead. Got up at 5.30 this morning instead and did an 8 miler along the beach, beating my previous time on exactly the same loop by 2 minutes.

This is normal behaviour right?

Yup [emoji3]

Got back from Hong Kong on Saturday morning, landed at 5.30am. Was running by 7.30am. Yesterday, overslept a bit, got up at 8, was on the Downs at 9 and didn't get home until 12.30. Hadn't even told the Mrs I was going for a run so doing over 3 hours was a bit of a surprise [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yup [emoji3]

Got back from Hong Kong on Saturday morning, landed at 5.30am. Was running by 7.30am. Yesterday, overslept a bit, got up at 8, was on the Downs at 9 and didn't get home until 12.30. Hadn't even told the Mrs I was going for a run so doing over 3 hours was a bit of a surprise [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Out at 6am yesterday morning for a half marathon to Brighton Pier and back. Trying to master not going off like a rocket, but save some speed/energy for later in the run, and seemed to do OKish.

Couldn't believe how quiet it was. Passed two runners on the seafront, whereas a month ago it would be hundreds.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Back on it this week after a bit of an unintentional heavy night after the game..:drink: ! Which put paid to any runs this weekend, first time thats happened in a while ..No more of that until after the sdw100.. Bruised foot has healed very well so some hill reps for me this afternoon /eve..

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Yup [emoji3]

wow, good work! Jet lag obviously doesn't get to you!

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
3rd London Marathon yesterday.

Nothing touches it.

Horsham 10k in 3 weeks
Bupa 10000 in 4 weeks
Discovery Run in 5 weeks
Worthing 10k in 6 weeks

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm in the Bristol area for work so I booked a hotel in Portishead do I could enjoy a run with some different scenery. I used to live not too far away from here - I should have remembered the hills! Hard work going up but great fun on the big descent where I clocked my fastest ever mile.

2bffd35241d1e531ac2ddea0e7e6abb1.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm in the Bristol area for work so I booked a hotel in Portishead do I could enjoy a run with some different scenery. I used to live not too far away from here - I should have remembered the hills! Hard work going up but great fun on the big descent where I clocked my fastest ever mile.

2bffd35241d1e531ac2ddea0e7e6abb1.jpg

Running a fast mile is just brilliant sometimes. I've just got back from a session where I did 4 easy miles, one 'all out', one recovery, another 'all out' and then jogged 3 miles home. Did the two all-out miles faster than I have ever done I think in 6.12 and 6.04. Absolutely buzzing after, even though I was dying on my arse just before the end of the second one

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Running a fast mile is just brilliant sometimes. I've just got back from a session where I did 4 easy miles, one 'all out', one recovery, another 'all out' and then jogged 3 miles home. Did the two all-out miles faster than I have ever done I think in 6.12 and 6.04. Absolutely buzzing after, even though I was dying on my arse just before the end of the second one

Last year just before Christmas I ran out of time to go for a decent sized run so decided to jog a mile then start my Garmin to time one mile exactly. From memory it was 5:53 and really good fun to just run hard for one mile and it's something I'm quite keen to repeat soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last year just before Christmas I ran out of time to go for a decent sized run so decided to jog a mile then start my Garmin to time one mile exactly. From memory it was 5:53 and really good fun to just run hard for one mile and it's something I'm quite keen to repeat soon.

Whoosh !

Find it interesting that my coach is so big on including speed training in an ultra programme.......seems to be working though

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Great game for us anoraks. Well done Bozza and Dazza. Bignuts winning so far , of course. I will be starting on half miles this week but should be 10 seconds either side of 6:10 in 3 weeks. So aiming at 3" halfs for starters. Easy today with this wind.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Great game for us anoraks. Well done Bozza and Dazza. Bignuts winning so far , of course. I will be starting on half miles this week but should be 10 seconds either side of 6:10 in 3 weeks. So aiming at 3" halfs for starters. Easy today with this wind.

I'll pop mile 3 into the mix! -mile.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Did 6 x 1/4 miles with recovery . Top speed near 5" mile pace for very short time but averaged 1"20 for each. Happy with that.

Unfortunately doing 4 straight off won't equate to 5"20 and the strong wind was blowing right up my jacksie pushing me along. Early days though. Much more fun than that marathon plodding stuff!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Has anyone done? Or is doing the Seaford Half Marathon? I've just entered only £15 Sunday 7th June all off-road and looks very hilly.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looks like we are now away on 20th so can we agree on 13th June?

OK JUNE 13TH NSC Hove Parkrun Challenge it is.

Remember the idea is for all entrants to attempt a best time for at least the year and to use the other NSC runners as pacers or competition to achieve that. So far we have the following entrants and I have added my target.
Bignuts
Simgull
knocky1 Sub 20:59
Greg Bobkin

There are many more out there. So the date is set. We have 6 weeks to build up to it. Add your names to the list before we name and shame you.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
OK JUNE 13TH NSC Hove Parkrun Challenge it is.

Remember the idea is for all entrants to attempt a best time for at least the year and to use the other NSC runners as pacers or competition to achieve that. So far we have the following entrants and I have added my target.
Bignuts
Simgull
knocky1 Sub 20:59
Greg Bobkin

There are many more out there. So the date is set. We have 6 weeks to build up to it. Add your names to the list before we name and shame you.

I'll be looking for a pb so sub 19:47

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here