Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Aha! Was that you guys that gave me an extra loud burst of “Seeeeeeagulls” as I passed by in my black away shirt?

Absolutely loved yesterday. Great new route. Gorgeous weather. Fantastic support and super friendly volunteers taking great care of us all.

Came home in 4:31:50. Nothing to write home about among much of the company on this thread but it shaved 8:56 off my PB which, having turned 50 now, makes my socks roll up and down.

Signed up for 2024. Of course.
Could well have been - there were four or five went by in BHA shirts.
We had lots of fun on the water station including one other season ticket holder who I forgot to ask if they are on this thread?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Could well have been - there were four or five went by in BHA shirts.
We had lots of fun on the water station including one other season ticket holder who I forgot to ask if they are on this thread?
Well many thanks to you all for the extra shouting. Always appreciated. It’s the whole reason I wear a club shirt rather than one with my name on. I’m fuelled by football chants.
:giggle:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Aha! Was that you guys that gave me an extra loud burst of “Seeeeeeagulls” as I passed by in my black away shirt?

Absolutely loved yesterday. Great new route. Gorgeous weather. Fantastic support and super friendly volunteers taking great care of us all.

Came home in 4:31:50. Nothing to write home about among much of the company on this thread but it shaved 8:56 off my PB which, having turned 50 now, makes my socks roll up and down.

Signed up for 2024. Of course.
It's about running and the day out not times. You're up at the top on here for your rhino efforts. Great runs by you and @butch Willykins beating the 3:30.
We did cheer every Albion shirt loudly, booed a Palace shirt and Ninja pointed out one blue and white stripes was Massive and we got a scowl in return.

Loved to be part of the day. Great atmosphere and love the new course and finish.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My gaffer's tent is on the right.
Screenshot_20230403_221630_Facebook.jpg

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well done to all the NSCers who ran the BM, and those who provided nourishment to the runners.
I ran the Paris marathon on Sunday (signed up back when the BM was in doubt), and absolutely loved it. Massive event (51k finishers), amazing route through all the landmarks of Paris and a good crowd. Hillier than Brighton, and plenty of horrible cobbles. Came in with a PB of 3:48:21 which I was chuffed with and which nicely renews my old git GFA for London and Boston

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Gaffer, all being well, I will be running in the relays tomorrow for Run Academy Worthing but in the VM50 event. This is of course solely because I can then avoid you in the VM60 race.
Excellent be great to see you. 50's are running with the 60's, so same race. Do you know your leg? Love to chase the picture on my wall. 😆

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good fun and atmosphere at the Sussex Athletics 2 mile Road Relays in Preston Park this afternoon.
Good to catch up with @GNT and great marshalling from @big nuts who put my normal "Come on boy it's a race" comment from Sunday's marathon behind him and cheered me on.
Difficult to know results and times (starting and ending Garmin whilst taking/passing a baton) but @GNT would have done me good and proper. I enjoyed the adrenaline of a 2 mile flat out and evenly paced each mile at about 6:50. Couldn't give anymore.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Cheers Gaffer. Yes, thanks to Big Nuts for his efforts that contributed to an excellent event. Some seriously talented runners on display. Not sure that doing a parkrun on the same day was a very bright decision. Looking forward to seeing the results and good to have an old git get together.

Funniest moment was the mighty John Lowden stepping towards you and saying I think I know you. You must have momentarily thought he was aware of your fantastic running deeds before he said "Did you use to work in Lloyds Bank?". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Got my running mojo back yesterday and looking forward to the next few months.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

If I've found the correct results, You beat my 13:44 with a fine 13:23. I'm very happy with that outcome. To find it click the arrow next to U-11 girls and the other race categories appear.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You p
Funniest moment was the mighty John Lowden stepping towards you and saying I think I know you. You must have momentarily thought he was aware of your fantastic running deeds before he said "Did you used to work in Lloyds Bank?". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You
Funniest moment was the mighty John Lowden stepping towards you and saying I think I know you. You must have momentarily thought he was aware of your fantastic running deeds before he said "Did you used to work in Lloyds Bank?". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You p×ss taking b#stard!

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
3:57:04 in the marathon last week. Happy with breaking the 4 hour mark with room to improve. 3:45 next marathon target but will will give it a couple of years and go for some shorter distances in the meantime. 45 min 10k the aim for the next year.

Thanks mate. A bit slower than I would have liked. Well done for getting so close to a genuine legend!
PS Gaffer: having looked through the results I can see that you achieved your objective of beating the runners selected for the Arena 80 A line up. They won't make that mistake again......

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
PS Gaffer: having looked through the results I can see that you achieved your objective of beating the runners selected for the Arena 80 A line up. They won't make that mistake again......
Apart from JO of course.
Pointed out to the coach I should be in the A team and then nobly accepted the decision. Helped fire me up must admit.
Can understand the decision as based on 5k times in 2023 and I haven't raced one yet. 21:48 SB and that included stopping to tie up a lace.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Worthing PR. 20.27 in cold and windy conditions. Beat all the old gits (65s) and younger old gits (60s). AG of 84.35%.

Big turnout of c.500.
Apart from JO of course.
Pointed out to the coach I should be in the A team and then nobly accepted the decision. Helped fire me up must admit.
Can understand the decision as based on 5k times in 2023 and I haven't raced one yet. 21:48 SB and that included stopping to tie up a lace.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Worthing PR. 20.27 in cold and windy conditions. Beat all the old gits (65s) and younger old gits (60s). AG of 84.35%.

Big turnout of c.500.
Nice Worthing runabout from the Champ on a day not particularly easy for running.
I went to Hove Prom a few days after an 18:36 5k achieved from 10 intervals and a 50 mph cross (SW) tailwind.
Today kept a tempo pace at 7:00 miles but at the final km my kick wasn't there and I stayed at same pace.
Happy with progress and a 21:44 at 75% is a stepping stone.
Body feeling good but after 3 weeks running and 30 miles I must be due an injury. 😆

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice representation across the area from Team NSC with me back at Hove Park and I think @Simgull was at PP?

Nothing really to write home about - sub-24 - but Bruno might well have been first Doggo home 🐕👍🏼

Off over the Downs in the morning for some Three Forts training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here