Official Running Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just looked up the result of CTH 10k – 95th place and 46:57! [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION], please could you put that into the table? I don't like the incomplete numbers I've got at the moment! On a related note, I was trying to look up Bright10 results – where I got my 1:13 something – but no luck. Anyone know where I can find them?

Also, please could you add a modest 23:36 for parkrun/5k? I'm hoping for a bit of improvement on that throughout the season!

Finally, I saw a tweet from the Moyleman team about news coming soon ???

Good to run a 10k after your Covid set back. I’ll certainly update but away 6 weeks and not going to touch the Holy table from my phone.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Looks like uncomfortable marathon running for Sunday. Make sure you're well hydrated before raceday folks.

Some cloud cover would be most welcome Sunday - Forecast suggests that could be a possibility. If the sun is blazing with the temperatures around 20 degrees it will be tough.

The 6-8 mph cross wind is one positive though. Still 5 and a half days to the start, so the forecast very likely to change between now and then.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good to run a 10k after your Covid set back. I’ll certainly update but away 6 weeks and not going to touch the Holy table from my phone.

Cheers Gaffer :thumbsup:

Have a great break!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good luck those running Brighton on Sunday, especially [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]!

May Godspeed be with you!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Good luck Brighton Marathoners. It feels quite weird to see races starting up again.

I've just started doing workout runs for the first time in ages. 5x800m loops last night. It felt horrible but I managed to get sub 3 minutes for each loop, which I'm more than happy with having not been doing any proper training for about 18 months.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
8th place at Stranraer Parkrun 3.15 miles in an unfit 22;41. Friendly, well organised and only about 50 runners.
Good luck all BMers.
178E740B-7586-41CA-BCFA-F95A3A494563.jpeg
EC7F0AE4-0810-4F46-9305-B9F00F312E9B.jpeg

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Gaffer: good enough for 8th place though, mate! Well done.

For me, 21.42 at Woking. Lovely park, opposite the football ground. But not such a great course. One of the locals told me there are 45 corners! 3 laps so quite a lot of overtaking.

78.02%: 3rd overall in age grade.

Best of luck to the Brighton marathon runners.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Good luck those running Brighton on Sunday, especially [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]!

May Godspeed be with you!

Also have [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] & [MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] all running too.

I’m liking the wind tomorrow, but less so the sun and temperature.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Also have [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] & [MENTION=67]Curious Orange[/MENTION] all running too.

I’m liking the wind tomorrow, but less so the sun and temperature.

And ‘dark horse’ [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton’s Brother - I reckon he’s going to run a great time.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Gaffer: good enough for 8th place though, mate! Well done.

For me, 21.42 at Woking. Lovely park, opposite the football ground. But not such a great course. One of the locals told me there are 45 corners! 3 laps so quite a lot of overtaking.

78.02%: 3rd overall in age grade.

Best of luck to the Brighton marathon runners.

Only second in Age Group for me! Resting the Achilles seems to have done the trick and ran today only with heel strike to protect it further. Parkrun restarted in Eire today so I’ll be able to continue to get my weekly fix.

Another strong performance from you today on a slower course.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Really enjoyed the 10K race today.

I am getting slower annually but still managed to get in under 60 minutes by a good margin so I am quite pleased....

As a vet +, sadly I am not up to the Marathon challenge any more but what a fantastic atmosphere for both races and brilliantly organised! Respect to all the volunteers and helpers; it was just a delight.

I will definitely be up for BM 10 K 2022!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Well done to all the runners today. Nice and easy getting you all through Zone 1. Not so many last minute panickers as normal [emoji23]

It would be interesting to know what you thought about the more staggered start and the attempt to spread the field more from the start. I know the numbers were lower than the last few but did it still have the big event feel?

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Well done to all the runners today. Nice and easy getting you all through Zone 1. Not so many last minute panickers as normal [emoji23]

It would be interesting to know what you thought about the more staggered start and the attempt to spread the field more from the start. I know the numbers were lower than the last few but did it still have the big event feel?

It was fine for me in the 10k Yellow wave, it was nice to keep moving at the start. Still felt like an event, though that’s probably more from running on roads I normally drive along and having plenty of crowds around.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Finished the 10k in 40:26 - not been at my fittest for a long time so happy with that and I think it has spurred me on to give the Marathon another shot in 2022.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just heard that the marathon was measured half a kilometer too long? Any truth in this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Radio Sussex just Tweeted this:

“ Brighton Marathon has apologised to participants after its course "measured 568m too long".

Organisers said: "We are wholly disappointed this has affected our runners and hope it hasn't marred the experience at what has been a fantastic comeback event after 18 months."

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Yeah, half way was just under half a mile on from where I was expecting it to be.

Horrific weather for a marathon, it was carnage around the harbour with all the runners getting treatment.

I was very slow today. 😉

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, half way was just under half a mile on from where I was expecting it to be.

Horrific weather for a marathon, it was carnage around the harbour with all the runners getting treatment.

I was very slow today. 😉

I imagine times will be slower if the course was longer than 26.2!

Congratulations on finishing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports