Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hove Park tomorrow. I am still sore from last week and walking 28 Seven Sisters since Sunday. Managed 8 half mile runs with quarter mile recovery yesterday. Tomorrow will be a more sedate affair. This is all the plan for maximum effort next Saturday to get a best time for 3 years. It's cake day as well I think.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth parkrun for me in the morning!

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Was quite chuffed with my Parkrun today, told my friend I'd pace him for 22:30 and finished with a time of 22:30.72. I did a much better job than the 25 minute marker who finished about 30 seconds after I did. Unfortunately my friend was nowhere to be seen when I crossed the line!

Changing subject, yesterday I had a bike fit which revealed my right leg was shorter than my left leg (by up to 10mm) and I'm going to wear some shims on my right shoe to even up my pedal action. Do corrective shims like this exist for running shoes, and are they recommended?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Finished 79th at Hove today with a pb I timed at 21:03. Good prep for next weeks battle royale between NSC finest park runners.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/624159926

Your the one that I want! I want sub 21:15 next week and may get sub 21 if I rest after Tuesday. So It would be good to know who you are next Saturday to be my willing or unwilling pacemaker. We will all have to be near the front and some of us will have Brighton shirts.

7:18 is running next week and is the bookies favourite. He got 21 today despite dropping his barcode and turning round to get it before continuing.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Your the one that I want! I want sub 21:15 next week and may get sub 21 if I rest after Tuesday. So It would be good to know who you are next Saturday to be my willing or unwilling pacemaker. We will all have to be near the front and some of us will have Brighton shirts.

7:18 is running next week and is the bookies favourite. He got 21 today despite dropping his barcode and turning round to get it before continuing.

I'll be happy to help if I can. I would love to break 21 minutes for the first time so the additional support from the runners on this thread just might get me underneath.

Maybe we should meet for 8:40 in the park for a fifteen minute group warmup and introduction.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Was quite chuffed with my Parkrun today, told my friend I'd pace him for 22:30 and finished with a time of 22:30.72. I did a much better job than the 25 minute marker who finished about 30 seconds after I did. Unfortunately my friend was nowhere to be seen when I crossed the line!

Changing subject, yesterday I had a bike fit which revealed my right leg was shorter than my left leg (by up to 10mm) and I'm going to wear some shims on my right shoe to even up my pedal action. Do corrective shims like this exist for running shoes, and are they recommended?

I have a leg length discrepancy of 5mm and use a 5mm heel raise in my right shoe.

Physio said it was the likely cause of my shin splints that I had real bad months ago. The shin splints wet after putting the heel raise in my shoe. 10mm is a huge difference!

I believe it's 4mm or over can have an impact and cause problems. So it might be worth looking into.

Can't understand any 10mm raises, but 8mm should be ok. This is where I get them from and these are the types I use.

http://www.alexandrasports.com/p-3290-podotech-8mm-large-heel-raise.aspx

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

I think I saw someone drop their barcode so must have been 7:18. I've seen his times before and would agree he starts as a strong favourite.

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck to [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] running tomorrow in the New York marathon in aid of the Cynthia Spencer Hospice in Northampton.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think I saw someone drop their barcode so must have been 7:18. I've seen his times before and would agree he starts as a strong favourite.

Dropped it on the 2nd corner, as you run away from the South towards the North for the first time...probably cost me about 30 seconds and lots of embarassment...came out of my pocket which I have since discovered has a hole in it! Will be working to get back under 21:00 next week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Hove Park Role Call 8th November.
Greg Bobkin
Knocky1
Simgull
BigNuts
BadAsh
Simgull
Dazzer6666 calf tear but maybe fixed
7:18
Any others? Paul Barber?

Bignuts suggests an 8:45 meet up. How about the climbing rock on the right as you approach the finish line? Any late comers could join us at the start line.

I have bought a green away shirt from Oxfam for the occasion despite preferring to run incognito.

My aim will be sub 21 but in my effort to get there I could burn out! Looking forward to it more than the Brookes 10k but at half the distance that makes sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here