Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Off-Color-Troublesome.jpg

Found this i picked up in Chicago earlier in the year. A fantastic wheat beer in the Gose style. Not too strong at 4.3% with a lovely sour flavour to the standard wheat beer with additional coriander flavours. Takes me back to Maria's in Bridgeport

Attachments

• Off-Color-Troublesome.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 145

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Found this i picked up in Chicago earlier in the year. A fantastic wheat beer in the Gose style. Not too strong at 4.3% with a lovely sour flavour to the standard wheat beer with additional coriander flavours. Takes me back to Maria's in Bridgeport

Sounds nice.

The German influence in Chicago is quite noticeable isn't it? Plenty of German style beers on the go (I was there in October so I guess they were playing up Oktoberfest) and a number of sausage places and German restaurants. Then there's Mies Van der Rohe's architecture. I heard that at one point 25% of Chicago was German speaking. Lovely city and I'm planning to revisit next year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Living Social have a BrewDog beer tasting with cheese & meats thing listed today for £19.99 for 2 people, supposedly half of BrewDog's usual £40 price. Seems to be available in a lot of BrewDogs, including Brighton: https://www.livingsocial.co.uk/deals/brighton

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Living Social have a BrewDog beer tasting with cheese & meats thing listed today for £19.99 for 2 people, supposedly half of BrewDog's usual £40 price. Seems to be available in a lot of BrewDogs, including Brighton: https://www.livingsocial.co.uk/deals/brighton

That looks like a cracking deal.

It says that it's valid on selected dates from January to April 2017, but I can't find anywhere where it specifies which dates exactly. Am I just being blind?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

It says that it's valid on selected dates from January to April 2017, but I can't find anywhere where it specifies which dates exactly. Am I just being blind?
Well I've bought one but you're right, there is nowhere that states the dates. I've gone on to the link and it asks for the code which I don't want to put in until I know what dates are available. I hope there is more than one in Brighton.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Well I've bought one but you're right, there is nowhere that states the dates. I've gone on to the link and it asks for the code which I don't want to put in until I know what dates are available. I hope there is more than one in Brighton.

Let me know if you find anything out. I don't want to buy it unless I know I can make one of the dates in Brighton.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brewdog's interpretation of the classic Italian tiramisu dessert. A blend of an epic English barley wine brewed with coffee, oats and milk, and a twisted complex rum cask-aged imperial stout.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.JPG
    IMG_5325.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 174

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And in response to a question about beer temperature this is definitely one to warm.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Brewdog's interpretation of the classic Italian tiramisu dessert. A blend of an epic English barley wine brewed with coffee, oats and milk, and a twisted complex rum cask-aged imperial stout.
That sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That sounds amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's very good, complex, and perfect for a winter Sunday evening in my arm chair listening to music.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Friends of mine were going to do this but found that the deals are only very early evening about 6 at the latest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sharing this beauty with the Frau. Rogue 6 Hop IPA. All grown on their own farm apparently.

Attachments

• IMG_5344.JPG
    IMG_5344.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 398

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here