Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread England v Italy ***

longmanofwilmington

Apr 25, 2014
Welbeck has been an absolute monster tonight, he appears to have run at least twice as much as everyone else. I still wouldn't back him to score 1 on 1 but perhaps playing where he is today could be a new role for him.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When the game started, I was going to mention how dreadful PN was in the commentary team but if you listen to what he says he knows his game. He is just a bit monotone and doesn't get excited.

Rooney isn't happy in his position but he did a great assist. Roy needs to change his tactics.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought we've looked decent in terms of wanting to make chances, and that's a relief. No team thus far seems excellent defensively, so it could be an open tournament in ways. I just hope in this game we don't get so cut open down our left with Rooney leaving Baines without any assistance.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pretty much this. PN is the antithesis of Andy Townsend, who talks drivel excitedly for 90 minutes. I know which I prefer

Very much this. I can live with his monotone because he offers real insight. For example, our defence caught them offside and Neville pointed out that Rooney was in our back four at the time, which was worrying.

Can't imagine Townsend has EVER said anything not banal or obvious.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Crap defending

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Allowing them the freedom of the park. Maybe hot but England have got to stop them in their half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here