algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Yoda

English & European
Michael Owen disagrees with you:

BqIXlD1CIAAKb_j.jpg

How odd of him to say something as stupid as that when he hasn't WORKED with Pirlo.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Thought we allowed them too much space (may have been the conditions). Thought Gerrard gave excellent distribution playing deeper. Neivity from young front players showed at times and this was what let us down. All in all italy - pirlo very average. Engalnd 2 years too early.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm surprised that we did that well to be honest.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just read the match report in Marca. It's a shitty paper but has no bias towards England or Italy.

They described the game as the best of the tournament so far.

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
England played surprisingly well yesterday. If you keep playing like this, you should qualify from the 2nd place in your group. Then all you have to do is beat Colombia in the second round, Brazil in the QF, Germany in the SF, and in the great final take revenge on Italy for yesterday's defeat. Easy peasy. ;)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From early on it was most obvious Italy had time and space on their right side so should have closed that avenue and taken Henderson off and replaced him with Lallana or Wiltshire.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was really encouraged. I feel a bit sorry for Rooney, he just can't play out wide, he cannot keep the shape of the team and keeps drifting inside, of course leaving a hole.

I also feel defensively Johnson and Baines are our weak links, and I am convinced Ashley Cole would not have let that cross in quite so easily, Johnson should have slotted in behind Jagielka, but got pulled in by the runner, when he should have been communicating.

Still got a chance of getting through and all looks promising for the future.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We played well. Italy were better and we lost to a better team. Rooney doesn't fit the system. The full backs are awful. That was simply a realistic assessment of where we are rather than anything to get annoyed over.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Fair enough but consistency should apply?

A) how do you know it hasn't? Infractions aren't made public
B) generally, posts have to be reported for infractions to be applied (unless a mod happens upon them), have you reported it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
England played surprisingly well yesterday. If you keep playing like this, you should qualify from the 2nd place in your group. Then all you have to do is beat Colombia in the second round, Brazil in the QF, Germany in the SF, and in the great final take revenge on Italy for yesterday's defeat. Easy peasy. ;)

Well you've balls that up for us now haven't you ( given your Uruguay bet proclamation ) :p

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
Well you've balls that up for us now haven't you ( given your Uruguay bet proclamation ) :p

That was just an accident. My current position in the NSC World Cup League will tell you more about my admirable prediction skills than that unfortunate single game you mentioned...

NSC_PL.jpg

... so, in my humble (but nearly always correct) opinion we will have Italy-England final.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Every time I see us play someone like Italy or Spain all their players just look technically much better. More precision, more poise, more intelligence. Why the hell can't we produce players like that?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Every time I see us play someone like Italy or Spain all their players just look technically much better. More precision, more poise, more intelligence. Why the hell can't we produce players like that?

I've been asking the same question for 40 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here