Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official Match Thread England v Italy ***

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
You'll be disappointed then I reckon ,

Gerrard Henderson holding, Lallana Rooney Welbeck ahead with Sturridge upfront is what I think will be picked

I was right apart from Sterling for Lallana

Dec 29, 2011
They have a great defence though. Went for the draw in the betting game thinking there is a good chance of 0-0.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would like to see wilshire start, but I don't think that will happen. Funny thing is I think Jack W has gone from over hyped to underrated. I think he's a top top player and could play well with Stevie G.

Underrated?

He spends most of the time laying on the ground.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
England have qualified for 8 major tournaments in the last 20 years, exiting 4 of them without losing a match, other than on penalties.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Unusual to see the odds almost exactly even- 9/5 England 2/1 Draw 2/1 Italy

According to reports on Twitter Sterling is starting, not sure if true though.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
First bit of good news Buffon looks like he is not playing.

Next positive..........

Mr Hut. Are you allowed to start these official threads? I thought there was a strict pecking order.

If we win you will have to start ALL the England OMTs. If we lose..................

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Mr Hut. Are you allowed to start these official threads? I thought there was a strict pecking order.

If we win you will have to start ALL the England OMTs. If we lose..................

It's common knowledge that whoever starts the thread, if the team loses, is stoned to death so he's being fairly brave here.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's common knowledge that whoever starts the thread, if the team loses, is stoned to death so he's being fairly brave here.

Oh We will be hunting him down Wizard, we will be hunting him down!!

Now. Where are those flaming torches and cudgels.

D

Deleted member 18477

Welbeck instead of Lallana? Oh Woy!

At least Sterling is playing!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Got 0-0 written all over this.

Which wouldn't be too bad.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
ITV believe that Sterling is preferred to Lallana tonight.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
9uq9a0.jpg

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like Lallana, but i don't have a big problem with using the out and out attackingness of Sterling in there. Going for pace over style can't be the worst option if the pitch is as bad as made out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ITV believe that Sterling is preferred to Lallana tonight.

i worry that on the same wing as an off form Johnson, that makes us rather weak on the right. i like Sterling, but Lallana is a better allround player i think more suited to the discipline and tactics required for internationals. Sterling would be better unleashed for the last 20-30 minutes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can't believe it's in that state, how long have they had? Absolute joke, if one of the top players gets a long term injury I can see lawsuits forthcoming.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Only 8 years to prepare a pitch !! Like Lallana but happy if Sterling is starting. Defences hate quick attackers. Just look how much damage Robben did last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here