Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
what a magical sight that is this morning to see the concrete being poured in to the massive roof arch retainer behind the south stand.

Is that the desperate thrashing limbs of bellotti, archer and baker I can see just poking out of the wet concrete?

Anyone good enough at artwork to be able to superimpose these people and post it??

Aaaahh wouldn't that be great.

Maybe someone should write to the shit thats is Bellotti, Archer and lets not forget that cu#t Stanley as ask if they would like to be buried under the arches. I'm sure we could sneak them in at night. If they don't reply maybe someone could bring them down to show them how it should be done, and then well... you get the picture:smokin:

I wouldn't bother with Baker. He's just a self-important nobody who loves attention. He's Probably got a very small penis:smokin:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Maybe NJ can tell us, as you can't see these holes from the webcam but you see them clearly on today's photos from JS.

What are the two huge huge holes (square cutaways) in the lower tier of the tier east stand? They are not euidistant from the centre line, so I can't work it out. They look to be about 20 feet square and there are two of them. Any ideas???

My uneducated guess would be that at some point, temporary stantions need to be constructed to accommodate the weight of the roof, before it is released onto the huge founds (assume two at either end, one on webcam behind south stand in advanced state). Once the roof has been released I'm guessing the temporary stantions would be removed and the large square holes covered over for seating. If it is for a temporary support structure I'm assuming that's because it has to be anchored to the ground. That's about 10 guesses. Now what's the real answer????!!

Let us know.

Maybe NJ can tell us, as you can't see these holes from the webcam but you see them clearly on today's photos from JS.

What are the two huge huge holes (square cutaways) in the lower tier of the tier east stand? They are not euidistant from the centre line, so I can't work it out. They look to be about 20 feet square and there are two of them. Any ideas???

My uneducated guess would be that at some point, temporary stantions need to be constructed to accommodate the weight of the roof, before it is released onto the huge founds (assume two at either end, one on webcam behind south stand in advanced state). Once the roof has been released I'm guessing the temporary stantions would be removed and the large square holes covered over for seating. If it is for a temporary support structure I'm assuming that's because it has to be anchored to the ground. That's about 10 guesses. Now what's the real answer????!!

Let us know.

More or less spot-on Mr. Wedgee :thumbsup:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Hey NJ - maybe we need to find a place to put these questions - you keep getting he same ones over and over again. Mods?

Maybe some kind of Ask Natterjack section so people stop repeating themselves - I reckon that temp hole question has been asked (and answered) ten times?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I reckon that temp hole question has been asked (and answered) ten times?

Temp holes? What are they for?

*waits for the dirty minded fools on here to bleat on about secretaries and their flaps*

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
i haven't repeated myself TRHK. Maybe you can point me to where the answer has appeared to my question 10 times before. I only saw the first picture of the holes today!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Wasn't having a pop seagullwedgee - and I know you didn't repeat yourself, but WE collectively have asked the question many times.

Believe me, the answers are out there - I'm just concerned that in the end NJ will get a bit weary of answering all of us on broadly similar questions. The temp holes (dirty bastard Everest) is one of the perennials.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
understood, and agree.

over to the mods. can we have a "ask NJ" exclusive zone please, for Q and A only, with no banter or sh1t.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
hoo rah hoo rah hoo rye ay

over the hill with the swords of a thousand men...

1983 what a great year

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I wonder what will happen when the steelwork and the concreting on the East Stand is finished - which I would imagine is only a couple of weeks away. Will they carry on doing work on it or will they play catch-up with the rest until the basic structure of the stadium is in the same state as the East. Sounds like one for Natterjack.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wonder what will happen when the steelwork and the concreting on the East Stand is finished - which I would imagine is only a couple of weeks away. Will they carry on doing work on it or will they play catch-up with the rest until the basic structure of the stadium is in the same state as the East. Sounds like one for Natterjack.

I assumed they would put the seats in next :jester:

Focus (for the East Stand) will then be on work behind the stand (drainage, floor sabs, curtain walls, etc, etc.. Plenty to keep us busy thats for sure

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I would imagine as soon as the steel work for the stand is done, they'd move indoors and start allk the internal work, I'd doubt if they'd wait for the whole thing to be complete before moving inside.

With regards the seats, you say it in jest, but I think the seats will be the last thing to go in. I would think the supports for the seats would go in, but the actual seats will no doubt have sponsers names written in them, so will be one of the last things to be done

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
from the 17.00 picture on the webcam it looks like poet's day.

one transit van with the door open (about to be driven off) and no other bugger on the site!

mind you, they've worked hard, and the fella I spoke to on site said they were more than 3 weeks ahead now....

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Focus (for the East Stand) will then be on work behind the stand (drainage, floor sabs, curtain walls, etc, etc.. Plenty to keep us busy thats for sure

Please dont use that word on this forum. Your rapidly developing legendary status will be under threat!!

PS keep up the good work!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
For those of you that think the stadium isn't going up quick enough, I have been doing some detective work. This was filmed in Falmer village during the time when the webcam isn't taking a picture.

LiveLeak.com - Fun with cranes

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports