Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I parked up on the bridge over the A27 today to get a snap of the East Stand from the road. You can see the back of the stand, the A27 running under the bridge and the railway going past between the road and the new stadium. Crap pic, but a nice angle:

Attachments

• est stand.JPG
    est stand.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 284

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just a thought with the web cam. As the ground develops, particularly with the stand facing the web cam, will we be able to see anything or will the stand facing the cam block the view?

Its a shame that there aren't more than one cam so that we can switch views. Maybe this is better put to Insider?

Last edited:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I parked up on the bridge over the A27 today to get a snap of the East Stand from the road. You can see the back of the stand, the A27 running under the bridge and the railway going past between the road and the new stadium. Crap pic, but a nice angle:

No picture of that stand is crap.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They're certainly piling in the concrete this morning.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
They're certainly piling in the concrete this morning.

One man in the hole - 11 people standing round watching. He must be very good at what he does!

Also a lot of concrete gone down in front of the East stand for the front rows. That looks nearly done now - assume when they finish this they will start forming the steps.

Incredible progress in something less than three months.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Incredible progress in something less than three months.

Agreed. BUT if they had twice the number of men there, they could have nearly done the west stand too (IF they had demolished the Uni buildings on the sly). Now wouldn't THAT be a sight?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Just a thought with the web cam. As the ground develops, particularly with the stand facing the web cam, will we be able to see anything or will the stand facing the cam block the view?

Its a shame that there aren't more than one cam so that we can switch views. Maybe this is better put to Insider?

Don't know about you, but if there is to be a stand FACING the web cam then NJ and his team have a problem, because said stand would be facing away from the pitch.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In the background, they seem to have cleared a load of chalk on that hill where the West Stand's going.

Are they going to DETONATE those poly buildings with dynamite, like they do with redundant Las Vegas hotels? Hope so.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Don't know about you, but if there is to be a stand FACING the web cam then NJ and his team have a problem, because said stand would be facing away from the pitch.
Well, as that's the away stand, maybe we're continuing the trend of giving the away fans the worst view in ground?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
In the background, they seem to have cleared a load of chalk on that hill where the West Stand's going.

Are they going to DETONATE those poly buildings with dynamite, like they do with redundant Las Vegas hotels? Hope so.

That would be cool, however they would need to time it just right so the webcam takes it photo the exact moment of the explosion

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
what a magical sight that is this morning to see the concrete being poured in to the massive roof arch retainer behind the south stand.

Is that the desperate thrashing limbs of bellotti, archer and baker I can see just poking out of the wet concrete?

Anyone good enough at artwork to be able to superimpose these people and post it??

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
YouTube - Make Webpage your Windows Desktop

This is another way of doing it. Don't know about the vista thing though. I couldn't do the other one when I went to save it I didn't have the option to save as html file.

you have to do it manually.

Instead of saving it as "webcam" then allowing the drop down box to select the file type.
you save it as "webcam.html" as in, actually type the .html yourself.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Question for NJ.
Is that the finished surface on the east terrace ? also why did they do the slope separate to the bottom part they are doing now, rather than all in one go, seems only a small section to do separately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here