Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official FALMER WEBCAM Merged Threads

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good pictures on the Official site. The arial shot is good.

Is it me or does the south stand not look wide enough , NJ is it to be wider ?

Also NJ, what are the long bits of metal that are bolted to the upright concrete walls in the west (sorry for the non builder speak)

Also interesting to see terracing on the floor by the west , wonder when that will go in ?
Cheers

***edit *** nah those terrace things are clearly steps ... der

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
No, the south stand isn't finished. They can't make it the full width until after the SW thrust block is finished. Can't you see all the scaffolding in the way?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No, the south stand isn't finished. They can't make it the full width until after the SW thrust block is finished. Can't you see all the scaffolding in the way?

Yes , I thought that but wasn't sure. In that pic i posted it does look different to the north west corner though.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:lolol: i didnt notice that, i must have been overwhelmed by the size of it and taken it wonkey!

Looks like 3 photos stitched together, but not quite right.

There's even 2 NE thrust blocks!

ABIMEG2

Jan 29, 2008
Maybe need an extra large crane to help with the other side, as the other cranes cant lift over as high as the larger ones .

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Just spotted something in the third new pic on the official site site which has alarmed me a bit. This is an aerial shot and at present the curve of the arch of the east stand roof means that if you sit on the half way line near pitch level and it pisses down then you will get soaked.

NJ could you put my mind at rest and confirm that the roof will extend past the arch towards the pitch and keep us all snug and dry? :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just spotted something in the third new pic on the official site site which has alarmed me a bit. This is an aerial shot and at present the curve of the arch of the east stand roof means that if you sit on the half way line near pitch level and it pisses down then you will get soaked.

NJ could you put my mind at rest and confirm that the roof will extend past the arch towards the pitch and keep us all snug and dry? :(
You can see where the arch is, in comparison to the edge of the roof
images

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
You can see where the arch is, in comparison to the edge of the roof
images

I think that is 'stadium design version 1', whereas we are building 'version 2'. The major difference being the design of the arch. Nonetheless, the reassurance provided remains valid. Have a look at the 'erection of the east stand' vid on youtube.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I was looking at that very issue early, as it happens. Looks as though the edge of roof, for the East stand at least, should be pretty much in line with the dogheads (ie the ends of the arch).

The roof-line extends to the pitch area on all sides

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I noticed some folks on the Webcam in the "viewing area" without hard hats etc. How does one get themselves invited to such viewings, I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here