Adam Johnson
Ledley King (unconfirmed)

In
Michael Carrick
Joe Cole
Emile Heskey
Shaun Wright-Philips
Dawson (unconfirmed)
Warnock (unconfirmed assumption based on Baines being out)

Squad Remaining
Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker,

Forwards: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because they have to tell the players first?
I know that but its all a bit rubbish leaking it out in dribs and drabs. Should have spoke to the players in a room thn straight to the press release imo.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As much as I don't rate walcott as a starter, to not take him is ludicrous.

1) he wouold be one of the fastest players in the tournament, look at the way that almost made the difference coming off the bench for Arsenal against a Barcelona side who were vastly inferior.

2) 4 strikers including Heskey who can't score. If Rooney or Crouch get injured, we're up shit creek. Walcott can play up there if required.

Strange.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

1) he wouold be one of the fastest players in the tournament, look at the way that almost made the difference coming off the bench for Arsenal against a Barcelona side who were vastly inferior.

2) 4 strikers including Heskey who can't score. If Rooney or Crouch get injured, we're up shit creek. Walcott can play up there if required.

Strange.

Agreed.

You can't quite picture Maicon, looking at Lucio, and shouting "Oh shit! Shaun Wright Phillips is coming on!"

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Strange.

He can do the 100 metres in around 11.5 seconds - so can I. Should I go to South Africa???? He cannot cross the ball to save his life and his confidence is shot more importantly.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
emile heskey
:down:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
wright-phillips going is an utter joke

walcott should be going instead of him as back up to lennon

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think most teams would be up shit creak if their 2 main strikers got injured. There's only room for 2 players in each position, so in the absence of a versatile player like Hargreaves it would leave us exposed to injury on other positions if we took more than 4 forwards.

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

Strange.

He seemed to think that the hat-trick against Croatia would guarantee him a place but since then he's been very disappointing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love SSN drip feeding info. Think the FA have ballsed up by not putting a statement out before all the rumours started

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here