*** Official Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Swindon Town Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
anybody else not at the game watching final score on BBC i am sure it was showing 2-2 until result came in.

Yup, that confused me too, although there weren't any details for a second Swindon goalscorer.

Whilst on the subject of Final Score, I hate the new black, yellow and white graphics...very difficult to read...sort it out Beeb.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Well, good game, thought on the run of it should have been a draw.

Anyway if you want to read my thoughts here we go, if you couldnt give a shit skip this.

Your first goal was excellent, great build up play with a superb finish. It was 50-50 up to that point until your goal which was pretty much your first chance. We then changed our formation to 4-5-1 which is a credit to you as you were overpowering us in midfield in the first 20 minutes. Once we changed we started to get on top and created a couple of good chances and arguably Austin could have had a penalty.

Second half started off slowly, Biggest disapointment for me from our perspective was the performance of Prutton who looked lost, when he was eventually substituted for Ferry we looked so much sharper. Your second goal well i was at the other end of the ground so dont know but our crowd at that end were going f***ing beserk about it being offside, spoke to a couple of albion fans at the end who confirmed this. Them the breaks. Then big decision when ankergen was only booked and not red carded, of course im going to say it should have been a straight red austin was through and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. He should have gone. Austin scored from the melle from the resulting free kick and it was game on again. You held on in the end and Austin was incredibly unlucky not score near the end, but there you go.

I thought you were very well organised, you didnt offer much goal threat, the two you scored one was a cracker with easily the best move of the game and the second was offside, apart from that you didnt really create anything else. You looked strong and passed it well, and i think both teams will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. some weeks you get the breaks some you dont, there was 2 big decisions today and they both went your way, hopefully over the season these balance themselves out. Fair play and roll on next week

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003

Anyway if you want to read my thoughts here we go, if you couldnt give a shit skip this.

Your first goal was excellent, great build up play with a superb finish. It was 50-50 up to that point until your goal which was pretty much your first chance. We then changed our formation to 4-5-1 which is a credit to you as you were overpowering us in midfield in the first 20 minutes. Once we changed we started to get on top and created a couple of good chances and arguably Austin could have had a penalty.

Second half started off slowly, Biggest disapointment for me from our perspective was the performance of Prutton who looked lost, when he was eventually substituted for Ferry we looked so much sharper. Your second goal well i was at the other end of the ground so dont know but our crowd at that end were going f***ing beserk about it being offside, spoke to a couple of albion fans at the end who confirmed this. Them the breaks. Then big decision when ankergen was only booked and not red carded, of course im going to say it should have been a straight red austin was through and it was a clear goal scoring opportunity. He should have gone. Austin scored from the melle from the resulting free kick and it was game on again. You held on in the end and Austin was incredibly unlucky not score near the end, but there you go.

I thought you were very well organised, you didnt offer much goal threat, the two you scored one was a cracker with easily the best move of the game and the second was offside, apart from that you didnt really create anything else. You looked strong and passed it well, and i think both teams will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season. some weeks you get the breaks some you dont, there was 2 big decisions today and they both went your way, hopefully over the season these balance themselves out. Fair play and roll on next week

*skipped after the comment "should have been a draw" *

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
well thats a shame as one of your fans who was actually at the game has just posted exactly the same thoughts. Maybe you should do player ratings each week from the radio commentary?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Someone posted weeks ago that VC's traders were particularly knowledgeable about football; to be wary of betting against them. Their price for a B&HA win has been getting longer as the morning's progressed. I've ignored the warning and put a little something on at 12-5.
So Good Luck!

Well Done! That was very satisfactory. Unfortunately, I made slightly less on your win than I lost last night backing Norwich City; but I'm happier than I was at 10 p.m. yesterday.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Seems like a pretty fair summery from what I heard on the radio, it was always going to be fairly tight given our lack of options up front.
Hopefully it will be a good season for both of us.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Seems like a pretty fair summery from what I heard on the radio, it was always going to be fairly tight given our lack of options up front.
Hopefully it will be a good season for both of us.

where you get that picture from?

where you get that picture from?

It was on the club website today.

Also my 'amended' version here:

0_10433_8950622_00.jpg

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Apart from Sparrow, El Abed and Elf were immense at the back. Bennett got punched in the face and OGH was wrestled to the ground by two of the six fingered freaks. The ref and the lino need to visit Specsavers according to jnr.
Good day out, parked in a Catholic College for a fiver about 10 mins walk through a park to the ground. During the one rain shower the stewards came round with plastic ponchos for us to wear, with scenes like troops giving out aid to the starving.
Total spent for two £57.:drink:

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Well put.

But the fact that we looked fairly even bodes very well for us what with Greer and Murray missing and the prospect of Lua Lua and a "name" striker to arrive.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Just got in from Swinedon good day out & pleased with the three points. Sparrow is my new hero & puzzling advert board of the day goes to 'Jamie Cullum jazz icon' in the main stand.
Bravo to everyone for singing & creating such a wicked atmosphere for my g/fs first away day

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It was a game of midfield domination and both sides created little end of,can't recall hardly any saves in the match.We won game over:thumbsup:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
sparrow was easilly onside for his second, was bang in line with it and it wasn't even close.

This. Miles onside. :thumbsup:

I'm SOOOOOOO glad that we didn't get Prutton. Matthew Sparrow is miles better. :bowdown::bowdown:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Just got in from Swinedon good day out & pleased with the three points. Sparrow is my new hero & puzzling advert board of the day goes to 'Jamie Cullum jazz icon' in the main stand.
Bravo to everyone for singing & creating such a wicked atmosphere for my g/fs first away day

Jamie Cullum is a swindon fan; notwithstanding it was a great start although we were hanging on at the end; we were in line with our second goal and def onside. on the "Austin incident" he looked to be running away from the goal and there was a defender behind the keeper so booking was right decision imo. All will be revealed on the tellybox later.

Pity Shoreham M didn't mention our support and what he thinks of it. He could post again if not drowned in his sorrows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports