Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official (at last): Palace sign Murray

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anything you post make sense?

The first post went over your head, this one was a typo. Well done.

Will the extra 2k a week really be the difference between how financially secure he feels. I doubt it. Massive ****

I got the idea it was a fair bit more than an extra 2k a week?....And of course it'll make him more financially secure for the future. Basic maths.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So I wasn't talking bollocks saying Freedman was still interested when he denied it. It was in fact, actually Freedman talking bollocks...

What do I know though eh?

Would rather not have been proved right on this one mind.

RUDDY Glenn Murray.

Are you taking the piss? An extra 8k a month? That's 96k a year.

I would think he MIGHT notice.

Over a three year contract, as I have said LOADS of times on here, it is a MASSIVE difference to a lower league player negotiating his last big contract. Even if a wedge will be lost in tax.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Isn't Murray injured......or has his shoulder suddenly been miraculously cured on the road to Selhurst? Amazing what a few extra quid will do for your fitness. Could be an expensive liability.

Can see Greer giving Murray a few juicy challenges next season.

Given Murray's complex character (moody) and big pay packet he won't exactly help solve the lack of team spirit at CPFC.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Are you taking the piss? An extra 8k a month? That's 96k a year.

I would think he MIGHT notice.

Of that extra 96k He wont even see half of it after tax. My point is does that 2k difference mean that much when your already being paid over 400k a year???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
And of course this also means the report linking Glenn with the Palarse on Sky a couple of months back was 100% accurate.

Your initial reply shows that it clearly went way over your head. It was very obviously tongue in cheek.

You literally are the Oscar Wilde of this board. I bow in the presence of you rapier like wit. It is clearly wasted on us.

Back on topic. Murray, what a C*NT.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it shows foresight by Palace, signing a League One striker in time for 2012-2013.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Of that extra 96k He wont even see half of it after tax. My point is does that 2k difference mean that much when your already being paid over 400k a year???

Actually I remember reading that most footballers salaries are actually sums paid AFTER tax. i.e. he'll be making an extra £2k NET. The club will be paying significantly more

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Actually I remember reading that most footballers salaries are actually sums paid AFTER tax. i.e. he'll be making an extra £2k NET. The club will be paying significantly more

But equally, the total wage is often dependent on scoring, winning etc. When someone is quoted as being paid, say £9k a week, that is often the MAXIMUM they get, not what they actually take home each week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here