Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official (at last): Palace sign Murray

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a wanker you are Glenn. What a wanker you are.

Still, it adds a humungous dollop of SPICE into the Palace fixture next season, as if it were needed. Can't bloody WAIT

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the Palace site:

Crystal Palace are delighted to announce that we have agreed terms with striker Glenn Murray which will see him join us on a three year deal.

The 6ft striker played a key part in Brighton's League One championship victory last year scoring 22 goals in 50 games last season.

Manager Dougie Freedman told the official website that he is pleased to see agreement reached between club and player. " Glenn is a player who I have been looking at for some time and fits the profile for the type of player that I want to add to the squad here ready for the new season.

"He has shown what he is capable of with a fine scoring record last season in helping Brighton achieve promotion to this level."

More information and interview with the player will follow when available.

Everyone looking forward to seeing Glenn holding up the Palace scarf and/or shirt and talking about how he is delighted to have made the move?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Still, it adds a humungous dollop of SPICE into the Palace fixture next season, as if it were needed. Can't bloody WAIT

Utter TOSSER. Looking after his f***ing girlfriend and his KID. Making sure they have a COMFORTABLE life, preparing for RETIREMENT after a SHORT working life. Unbelievable. First he doesn't WAVE now THIS.

Nah, I understand the vitriol. Still bit silly though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Are you not a bit more nervous about that game now though? I know I am. Glenn Murray will DEFINITELY score against us.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
3 year deal when we have only been offering 2 year deals recently. Guess we are planing to play at a higher level while Palace are happy in the championship

Utter TOSSER. Looking after his f***ing girlfriend and his KID. Making sure they have a COMFORTABLE life, preparing for RETIREMENT after a SHORT working life. Unbelievable. First he doesn't WAVE now THIS.

Nah, I understand the vitriol. Still bit silly though.

Tell you what, why don't we remove all passion from supporting your club so that then you'll be able to enjoy your prawn sandwich in peace and quiet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Tell you what, why don't we remove all passion from supporting your club so that then you'll be able to enjoy your prawn sandwich in peace and quiet?

Guessing you didn't read my whole post. I was being tongue in cheek.

f***ing newbies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think he's clearly made a good move (financially) short term, but a very poor move long term. We'll see.

I can almost hear the pounding of keyboards in Croydon as the pikeys get ready to sting us with their brutal comments regarding Mr Murray leaving us for them.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
He's clearly made a good move (financially) short term, but a very poor move short term. We'll see.

Will the extra 2k a week really be the difference between how financially secure he feels. I doubt it. Massive ****

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
But HOW MUCH was the Palace offer worth?

Apparently they wouldn't offer Danns, clearly their best player, £10k a week so surely they wouldn't have offered Murray this much, especially given he's untested at this level.

I can't help but feel that the difference between what we were prepared to pay and what Palace could afford to offer cannot have been that much unless we really weren't that fussed and didn't offer him as much as we maybe could have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here