Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Offer to NSC & Albion fans from Bagelman

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Sounds like you must lead a fairly dull life if someone posting on an internet thread regarding bagels is a popcorn moment.
High five...

At least my life isn't so dull that I need to get my kicks from trolling forums, looking for posts to constantly belittle....let me know what that's like for you.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
At least my life isn't so dull that I need to get my kicks from trolling forums, looking for posts to constantly belittle....let me know what that's like for you.

Crikey, it's got claws.
No one is trolling/belittling. I've not had any problems with anyone on NSC.
You just seem to rub many people off the wrong way (ooh I say).

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Crikey, it's got claws.
No one is trolling/belittling. I've not had any problems with anyone on NSC.
You just seem to rub many people off the wrong way (ooh I say).

Well actually, yes you are. Many times I've posted you've make some snide, belittling reply, completely unnecessarily. Maybe to you it makes you feel like the big man. To me you just look pathetic. :yawn:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, yes they will. It's been the longest month of the year, pay-wise and I'm incredibly skint.

Likewise except it's been 5 months without pay ! Friday can't come quick enough.
[MENTION=29964]Bagelman[/MENTION] - quick question if I may, the bus ticket offer, I occasionally get the bus in to work or home from work meaning I buy only a single - given I've already traveled is that counted as a valid ticket for the offer ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can you both (@stonehampark [MENTION=27316]MissGull[/MENTION]) take your little battle elsewhere? [MENTION=29964]Bagelman[/MENTION] has paid for this advert and it's no place for either playground stuff or sexual tension. :)

Gertrude

May 10, 2014
Bad location though. On the other side of the fencing (on matchdays) so it is actually quite out of our way. And it's only a bagel. Maybe I've never had a proper bagel but it doesn't seem worth it. Why should we go to bagel man instead of upper crust or that French thing?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bad location though. On the other side of the fencing (on matchdays) so it is actually quite out of our way. And it's only a bagel. Maybe I've never had a proper bagel but it doesn't seem worth it. Why should we go to bagel man instead of upper crust or that French thing?

For me Upper Crust and other station big chain stores are only used as a last resort, overpriced and limited choice. I promise i don't have shares! Bagel man stuff is proper fresh and almost limitless choice, they are a local company, support BHA and give money to REMF. If I have to walk around a fence it doesn't bother me much. And as far as I know if you can get bagels at other station stores they are normally wrapped in plastic, contain a smear of cream cheese and have sat in plastic on display for hours.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For me Upper Crust and other station big chain stores are only used as a last resort, overpriced and limited choice. I promise i don't have shares! Bagel man stuff is proper fresh and almost limitless choice, they are a local company, support BHA and give money to REMF. If I have to walk around a fence it doesn't bother me much. And as far as I know if you can get bagels at other station stores they are normally wrapped in plastic, contain a smear of cream cheese and have sat in plastic on display for hours.

*Makes mental note to go into Bagelman, order a shed load of scoff and then at the point it is rung through on the till casually mention that my NSC username is Nibble*

:goal:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
**Drum roll**

Well the results are in... and we sold a grand total of two bagels to the lovely Albion fans who identified themselves ..... that's a whopping £1.58 donation! But fear not... in true game show stylee we will of course DOUBLE that to £3.16 and add a zero giving the fund £31.60 which we will be sending straight to REMF. Thanks for taking part :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Perhaps not the money spinner for REMF or yourselves that you were hoping for. Fear not though, brand awareness has been built even if revenue hasn't yet flowed. Take me for example - I can't remember the last time I was in Brighton station, but, given how well recommended they seem to be, I shall make sure I partake of your offerings when next I am. :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Perhaps not the money spinner for REMF or yourselves that you were hoping for. Fear not though, brand awareness has been built even if revenue hasn't yet flowed. Take me for example - I can't remember the last time I was in Brighton station, but, given how well recommended they seem to be, I shall make sure I partake of your offerings when next I am. :thumbsup:

Cheers, I'm certain you won't be disappointed. As you say it was as much about awareness and a few quid for REMF, so all's well that end's well.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Had a bagel man on the train this morning....and it was simply awesome. Highly recommended.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Had a bagel man on the train this morning....and it was simply awesome. Highly recommended.

Thank you for your kind words, it's never easy running a business but it makes it worthwhile when our teams hard work is recognised. Here's to your next one!

Spimunk

Jun 17, 2011
West Sussex
Having started my Bagelman experience about 10-12 years ago when I lived next door to the Bond St store and continued this into Ship St and now in Hove for the past god knows how long, I can only give Bagelman 10/10, 5 stars or whatever top trump you care to use as a marker. They've always been my favourite place to grab lunch and continue to be so, even after trying other local places.

Now I commute to work, I have less chance of a lunchtime bagel sadly but as and when I use a Brighton station, rather than Hove, I shall always without fail pick Bagelman over Upper Crust, French Place, M&S or anything else in and around the station. Thank you Bagelman for my many turkey slaw on onion bagels and I look forward to many more to come.

I am really pleased to see how the business has grown over the years and become a firm institution in this fine city and now to discover links to the Albion and REMF only goes to prove to me I was right to always invest my previous lunch decision in the guaranteed quality that is a Bagelman! Good luck to all in the business and I hope this advertisement brings in even more custom, just make sure they're not in front of me in the queue please!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thank you for your kind words, it's never easy running a business but it makes it worthwhile when our teams hard work is recognised. Here's to your next one!

Is there a reason roughly 90% of Bagelman employees are female? I heard it said that the management discouraged employing men in roles where they have direct contact with the customers. Is that true?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Is there a reason roughly 90% of Bagelman employees are female? I heard it said that the management discouraged employing men in roles where they have direct contact with the customers. Is that true?

No, that's not true at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here