Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Offensive TV Ad

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just another excuse for the modern day Mary Whitehouse brigade to tut and raise a monosyllabic eye brow at :shrug:

The thing is, it only takes one or two of these types (was it Jenny Eclair this time) to set of the "snowflake" "why is everyone offended about everything" "you can't say anything anymore" "look at all the LBGTQ/BAME" types.

And they set of off the types that point out the ridiculousness of it all (hello).

. . . and on to the next thing that a couple of people take exception about. Then round we go again. Why do we place so much importance on the opinions of the first group. All it does is makes them think that their opinion is worth more than anyone else's. You don't like it? All good, don't buy the paint. If you feel the need to express your opinion about it all you are really doing is giving them or exposure and publicity.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mrs Crodo said she's confident the baby's Dave's and we should all just be happy there's a baby on the way.

I want to see the follow-up ad where they are painting the DNA testing room in preparation for Dave and Hannah's visit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not offended by the advert, but just found it cringeworthy, and over-engineered. The whole thing - the song, the colour palette, was plastic.

Why can't adverts be like the old days?

'It does what it says on the f*ckin' tin, yer ******* !'

Edit: Crown paints are **** anyway. Dulux is miles better.

Totally agree.
Bring back the bloke being dangled on a slab of plasterboard from a helicopter, advertising Solvite.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm not offended by the advert, but just found it cringeworthy, and over-engineered. The whole thing - the song, the colour palette, was plastic.

Why can't adverts be like the old days?

'It does what it says on the f*ckin' tin, yer ******* !'

Edit: Crown paints are **** anyway. Dulux is miles better.

"Crown Paints - they change the colour of your walls and shit"

Thought the ad was very catchy but just thought someone would be offended when 1st saw it.
God knows what they would do if Humphrey was about again

Watch out, watch out there's a Humphrey about will date many posters :)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
funny thing is they cut the ad length (seems common with this types of ads), kept in the controversial bit which makes it stand out more.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In order to be offended you have to watch it to know what they are saying..... I would never have listened...... do people actually watch these things ? Normally I record stuff and zap through the adverts. If I can’t do that I certainly don’t pay attention.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The bit that amused me was them trying to defend it on Twitter. "We are sorry you are offended. We see Hannah as a strong, independent woman making her own choices". No you didn't, you clowns. You paid an ad agency to come up with a quirky advert and they have given you one that, like it or not, seems to slut shame her. Trying to add a narrative to something they clearly didn't plan is greatly amusing. Unless they really had a meeting with the agency and said they want a strong, independent woman who is so independent, she doesn't feel the need to appear monogamous and has her partner concerned the baby is not his.

It is the digging and scrambling for narrative that buries you. They are trying to Trump their way out of it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm offended. And I haven't seen it. I don't want to watch it in case I don't find it offensive. In which case I'll have to re-take my course on offensiveness.
Weird. I cannot give this a thumbsup because I "do not have permission to access this page". So I'll just post this instead - :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Personally I find the creepy mum-shaming Birds Eye Green Cuisine ad much more offensive, or at least a simpering 3/10 as opposed to a 0/10 for the Crown Paints ad :lol:

It's interesting how folk see stuff. That actually made me laugh. Very 'Outnumbered'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here