Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Offensive TV Ad

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Classic Crodo :fishing:

Crown have achieved their purpose. People are talking about it. That's what adverts are for, whether annoying, irritating or funny.

I only look at these threads to see if you have commented on him fishing again :lolol: he’s going to need a bigger net soon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Geez, there are some snowflakes around! Is Jenny Eclair trying for a comeback to revive her flagging career or someting?

The one thing I find really disgusting and offensive about this is that the Darwen-based paint firm felt it had to apologise ..........................

............or did they? Apparantly, according to the BBC, the Darwen-based paint firm said it appreciated "people have differing views on humour". - no apolgy there, so good for the said Darwen based paint firm!

Maybe it was the BBC's unwelcome but overbearing minority woke collective who thought it a great idea to label it as an apology: their words -
"Apologising for it, the Darwen-based paint firm said it appreciated "people have differing views on humour". It doesn't look like an apology to me - and as far as I'm concerned that's just fine, and all's well with the world (for a few nanoseconds in one instance anyway!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Geez, there are some snowflakes around! Is Jenny Eclair trying for a comeback to revive her flagging career or someting?

The one thing I find really disgusting and offensive about this is that the Darwen-based paint firm felt it had to apologise ..........................

............or did they? Apparantly, according to the BBC, the Darwen-based paint firm said it appreciated "people have differing views on humour". - no apolgy there, so good for the said Darwen based paint firm!

Maybe it was the BBC's unwelcome but overbearing minority woke collective who thought it a great idea to label it as an apology: their words -
"Apologising for it, the Darwen-based paint firm said it appreciated "people have differing views on humour". It doesn't look like an apology to me - and as far as I'm concerned that's just fine, and all's well with the world (for a few nanoseconds in one instance anyway!

"We appreciate that people have differing views and tastes in humour and, whilst the advert has been broadly well received, we apologise if any of the lyrics have caused offence to anyone – this was certainly not our intention.”

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not the advert. Just the attempt at humour. Of course it is purely a guess on my part. For all I know, the ad could have been commissioned by the group owners in Copenhagen.

But all you have heard about Burnley, just up the road from Accrington, Darwen, is unfortunately, true. There are exceptions of course, but not many.
This is the land where someone in Haslingden hadn't made his wife even a cup of tea in 27 years of marriage. And he was proud of it. Inclusion, diversity, equality and 'remain' are things that happen down south.

:ffsparr:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Personally I find the creepy mum-shaming Birds Eye Green Cuisine ad much more offensive, or at least a simpering 3/10 as opposed to a 0/10 for the Crown Paints ad :lol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I see you have conveniently edited out the apology. Smooth.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actuall, I think we need MORE ads that offend the peiople offended by this one! Bring 'em on, and let's all laugh at the ones clutching their pearls and pontificating on social media!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mrs Crodo said she's confident the baby's Dave's and we should all just be happy there's a baby on the way.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure Crown will just gloss over it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Finally saw the advert tonight. It wasn’t offensive but it was weird, like someone on TV doing a mother-in-law joke, it’s all a bit 1970s humour.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm offended. And I haven't seen it. I don't want to watch it in case I don't find it offensive. In which case I'll have to re-take my course on offensiveness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here