Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You don't know that any more than I know that we were.

The media speculation at the time was linking us strongly. Which of course doesn't prove anything, but the point stands. This is the sort of signing we should be in for.

I have no doubt he will go on to do very well.

Most posters don't know anything, and spill their brains. There are one or two that know a lot more than others though, and what they say is worth looking out for.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Is this "what could have been" thing going to go on for the 4 years of his contract? Oh dear..

Anyway, I was against signing him and I may or may not be wrong on how I percieved his ability. We'll see about that, its early yet and could still go very bad or he could do really well or anywhere in between. Too early.

What I do know however is that he didnt come and wont be coming either. Limited reason to cry over wasted milk.

On whether the club was interested or not, we'll probably never know. He might still have gone with CP due to money, French manager, London, whatever really. Even if Brighton wanted to sign him there are no guarantees it would have worked.

Hopefully he will be shit for them in the long run..

Spilt milk in English. Wasted milk in Swedish?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not so sure, £21M was the loss Potters first year, club stated it expected increased losses for the following year as it increased the playing budget, but then Covid hit and the loss was £67M in that year. No fans in the stadium last season would be a loss of c£20M in expected revenue, but I don't know how much, (if any?) additional Broadcast income from all games being shown live. You'd think advertising in empty stadiums might be a hard sell too, BW transfer fee is unlikely to be coming in all at once, maybe £30M up front, and I believe the 3 seasons that are taken into account are the last 2 and the next one, so the years will be the £67M loss season, last season (£30M?) and the coming year, I can't see how we are not breaking the £105M limit, but again, no idea if that limit is still valid.

We’ve both got it wrong, I think. The loss on GP’s first year was 67m (19/20 the season Covid hit), accounts for 20/21 haven’t been released yet but they won’t include the White transfer; that’ll go in the current year. As far as accounting is concerned that 50m transfer comes up front even if the actual cash isn’t paid. It’s only the extras that would get included later.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Over 200 pages on a player that some of you think you were never interested in !!!

Priceless :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Reportedly on £70k a week.

In the great scheme of things, not too bad a wage for a young proven goalscorer , that hopefully increases in value.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We’ve both got it wrong, I think. The loss on GP’s first year was 67m (19/20 the season Covid hit), accounts for 20/21 haven’t been released yet but they won’t include the White transfer; that’ll go in the current year. As far as accounting is concerned that 50m transfer comes up front even if the actual cash isn’t paid. It’s only the extras that would get included later.

Cheaper to have bought and paid the wages of a couple of decent defenders that wouldn’t keep letting it bounce in the 95th minute.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Over 200 pages on a player that some of you think you were never interested in !!!

Priceless :lol:

Nearly 4,000 ( yes....that's nearly FOUR THOUSAND posts on a rivals forum by the needy nerd.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Vaga! Why the change in username? You weren’t banned permanently…!

Hello mate.

Nope, I was never Vagabond.

One person guessed that and lots have piled on. But the first bloke guessed wrong.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Reportedly on £70k a week.

In the great scheme of things, not too bad a wage for a young proven goalscorer , that hopefully increases in value.

Benteke was a young proven goalscorer, once upon a time. Then he went to Palace.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Nearly 4,000 ( yes....that's nearly FOUR THOUSAND posts on a rivals forum by the needy nerd.

Not sure about the nerd comment.
Makes out he’s slightly intelligent in some way which I have no doubt he is not.
We all know he’s a sad lonely little man desperate for attention from anyone hence his almost 4 thousand comments on a rival fans forum.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Really would have made a difference to us at relatively modest cost.

Dont worry we’ll sign a striker for the u23s in Jan and get told by some that Connoly, Locadia, and sicknote are good enough back up by the knowledgable on NSC.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think it was rumoured but only at a much lower cost. Nunez and Martinez were the serious targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celtic were asking for 26 mill plus from us .....palace secured the sale for 14 mill....:shrug: dodgy much...?? brown envelopes.?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here