Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Oct 25, 2003
freaks and geeks anyone?

seth rogen, jason segel, james franco (among others)...think it was out in around 99/00 and only had one series before being cancelled, now has a bit of a cult following (i imagine due to the future success of some of the actors)

slightly addicted to parks and recreation as well

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'd like to thank this thread for alerting me to the brilliance of Weeds & Arrested Development, both of which have been consumed in my household in double quick time.

Can anyone reccomend something along the lines of Arrested Development that isn't Modern Family?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd like to thank this thread for alerting me to the brilliance of Weeds & Arrested Development, both of which have been consumed in my household in double quick time.

Can anyone reccomend something along the lines of Arrested Development that isn't Modern Family?

30 Rock.

Parks and Recreation if you like the Office style of comedy.

Scrubs

The League

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
At the moemnt Ive been downloading:

Suits - good fun but not very legal
Continuum - Better than Fringe - Terminator Chronicles meets Bladerunner
Hannibal - superior TV

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
A new show started in America last week called Ray Donovan with Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight. The 1st episode was very promising, I think it's going to be a good series.
"Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's problems disappear except those created by his own family."
Oh yeah, Eddie Marsan is in it too.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New series of "Breaking Bad" starts on August 11; now that will be worth watching.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
A new show started in America last week called Ray Donovan with Liev Schreiber and Jon Voight. The 1st episode was very promising, I think it's going to be a good series.
"Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's problems disappear except those created by his own family."
Oh yeah, Eddie Marsan is in it too.

Trying this tonight.... also new season of the Newsrooom

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Not it wasn't. There are 7 seasons of The Shield and if you missed the final episode you are missing out on one of the best endings in television.

Oh I know, I think my grammar went up the spout in that sentence. I was referring to Terriers. The head of FX even gave a press conference to apologise for it's cancellation, saying America wasn't ready for intelligent TV just yet. Harsh! But it's great if you can get hold of it.

The Shield's final episodes have me in goosebumps remembering it... "family meeting..."...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anyone got any idea whether we are going to be seeing new seasons of

The newsroom
The following
Nashville
The good wife

On British tv ? Can also recommend hell on wheels as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here