Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

obligatory Adrian Chiles & ITV coverage slagging thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dear god is that what passes as half time analysis.

A fat Brummie raging against 3 former professionals.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
At least ITV do all the flashy-whizzy graphics thing at the same time as the analysts are describing what it shows. BBC do similar graphics but the analysts start talking about all manner of random things, leaving the graphics entirely unexplained. It really gets on my tits.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
At least ITV do all the flashy-whizzy graphics thing at the same time as the analysts are describing what it shows. BBC do similar graphics but the analysts start talking about all manner of random things, leaving the graphics entirely unexplained. It really gets on my tits.
Christ, you cannot surely be saying ITV are better than the BBC......

D

Deleted member 18477

How very dare you! The only thing to compliment about ITV is Cannavaro! Everything else is POO!

(Although Clive T isn't a bad commentator but that's obvious)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That ITV intro of Brazillllll, Brazilllllll is so fudging annoying! It's pissing me off more than Fat Chiles himself!

Fabio Cannavaro though... :bowdown:

The conclusion of football journalists about Cannavaro's presence, is that he's been a quietly-spoken bore offering nothing, but is there to be the obligatory eye-candy. Albeit a great defender in his time.

D

Deleted member 18477

The conclusion of football journalists about Cannavaro's presence, is that he's been a quietly-spoken bore offering nothing, but is there to be the obligatory eye-candy. Albeit a great defender in his time.

I like his analysis.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Dear god is that what passes as half time analysis.

A fat Brummie raging against 3 former professionals.

I actually found the 'you have not played the game therefore your opinion is worthless' attitude from the has-beens more objectionable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has a point though.
One which he could have got irate about over every since game played in the last 30 years.

As Paddy Viera says 'they are just playing the game within the rules'.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Christ, you cannot surely be saying ITV are better than the BBC......

How very dare you! The only thing to compliment about ITV is Cannavaro! Everything else is POO!

(Although Clive T isn't a bad commentator but that's obvious)

I'm only referring to the flashy-whizzy stuff, not the entirety of the coverage. The BBC have, at the very least, got 'speaking clock' Neville available to inspire our enjoyment.

Oh, hang on... :ffsparr:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That ITV intro of Brazillllll, Brazilllllll is so fudging annoying! It's pissing me off more than Fat Chiles himself!

Fabio Cannavaro though... :bowdown:

Hasn't anyone at ITV seen Terry Gilliam's masterpiece? A better version of the tune they are using is featured throughout and on the end credits. I won't give any spoilers, but those of you who have seen the film should understand why this was a weird choice.

Those of you who haven't seen it, change this quickly. Probably the best film of the eighties. (Regardless of what Channel 5 said the other night.)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've ben out the country so was waiting to see what all the fuss was about, and chiles didn't disappoint what c**t!!!!

He basically just railroaded the whole half time analysis to try and make his point and started shouting at the ex-pros. Viera should've chinned him! The player got sent off for the headbutt, not for initial incident when muller dived. He's a plank for doing it and it's his own fault, that is what they should focus on but chiles wanted to have a bit of controversy and in doing so barely spoke about the rest of the game. Dreadful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Give

it

up

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chiles is doing my head in now, SHUT THE **** UP.

Lee Dixon re: penalty incident 'in the laws of the game it should be a red card but the spirit of the game it should only be a yellow' :facepalm:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Hasn't anyone at ITV seen Terry Gilliam's masterpiece? A better version of the tune they are using is featured throughout and on the end credits. I won't give any spoilers, but those of you who have seen the film should understand why this was a weird choice.
Whilst I agree with you, I'm not sure I want one of my favourite films associated forever in my mind with ITV's football coverage thanks :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yes let's move Sterling out wide just to accommodate Rooney despite how well Sterling played in the #10 role

Strongly disagree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here