Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oasis or Blur?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Oasis. They're the one band that if I could see anyone live I would. Gutted I wasn't old enough to appreciate how good they were. Although I think I remember reading that Noel had already written all the songs for the first 2 albums, so when it came down to making a third, he had to write completely new stuff.

In my opinion, I only think Blur have 4/5 good songs.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Oasis.

Blur suffer from having Alex James and his bl**dy cheese preaching!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Blur were probably better over a longer period of time but apart from a couple of songs nothing they did was as good as Definetely Maybe and Oasis' early b-sides.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Blur for me, although bit biased as from the same school as Alex James went to in Bmth. Definitely Maybe is amazing, but they are (and their fans are) living off that and Whats the Story - VERY average since. Agree the Masterplan is agreat album, but all their decent B sides were from the same 94-97 period.

Blur have been better for a longer period. As for gigs, I saw Oasis at Earl's Court in 95 and the audience were music fans - 2005 at MK Bowl was horrific, vip areas and it felt like an England away match.

Whatever - they both shite on Snow Patrol/Coldplay and all the dull mush that followed!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I was more of a Pulp man myself, but if push came to shove I'd have to side with Blur:rock:

I think Different Class is arguably my favourite ever album!

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
At the beginning it was oasis 100%. For me they were great up to morning glory. After that Liam became a characiture of himself and they ran out of ideas. Noel's lyrics were also Pony, right from the off.

Blur just kept growing and songs like Tender, To the end, Coffee and TV are really special. Like or loathe Damon you also can't deny that the depth and breadth of his output through Blur, Gorillaz, The Good The Bad and the Queen, solo and the monkey opera is pretty impressive.

He does seem a bit of a tit from time to time though...like all frontmen?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here