Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oasis or Blur?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oasis back in the day, now I can't stand them as they just sound dull, uninspiring and depressing.

Blur were interesting and still have that imagination that Oasis never did, which I can appreciate more now.

But what do I know, I hate the Beatles (just thought I would mention it in case no one knew)

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I was more of a Pulp man myself, but if push came to shove I'd have to side with Blur:rock:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This. The nation should just forget Oasis. Blur are very good but are not in the same league as this country's best ever bands such as The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones and Radiohead.

In your opinion.

In mine Oasis were much better than Led Zep, Pink Floyd, The Stones and Radiohead. The only bands better were The Beatles and The Who.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Coxon is the greatest guitarist of his generation.

I know that being a great guitarist is not all about technical ability (Coxon is average at best) but I don't think he has done anything to warrant that sort of praise. Brilliant yes. The greatest?? Find me a list on the internet, or anywhere, of the greatest guitarists from the 90's 00's or of all time, with him in, and I'll be genuinely shocked.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I know that being a great guitarist is not all about technical ability (Coxon is average at best) but I don't think he has done anything to warrant that sort of praise. Brilliant yes. The greatest?? Find me a list on the internet, or anywhere, of the greatest guitarists from the 90's 00's or of all time, with him in, and I'll be genuinely shocked.

A quick google and I found this. Introduction seems to agree with me.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/graham-coxon-all-a-blur-7765872.html

I'll find more later.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Prodigy.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Oasis every time. By far the better band live (seen both), better recordings and (prepare for an unchecked fact...) more prolific songwriters.

I still like Blur, but if only one could have existed it would be the Gallaghers.

Damon owns (owned?) a fantastic bar in Reykjavik though and I spent a very enjoyable afternoon there with a very attractive young lady. Cheers Damon.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I only like Song2 by Blur which is epic and I probably love about 20 Oasis tracks. Reading through this a poll isn't required, i'd say Oasis would win hands down.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Oasis for me, it may be an age thing as I wasn't old enough in the early/mid-90's to know my own music tastes (or pay attention to it in general) but I struggle now to name more than 2 Blur tracks.

I have no such issue with Oasis, who seem to have been around the top for as long as I can remember.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
If I can't say both then Oasis (still).

Prefer Damons solo stuff to Liam and Noels mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here