Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Scam phone calls.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Ouch.

I don't answer unknown numbers, but if someone really wants me, they would leave a voicemail. I would then listen to my voicemai, and ring back.

Yeah.........and you listened to my voicemail.........and rang me back..............you shouted one word............SICKO!!!!! ..........then hung up........:lol: ......(hope your both well :thumbsup: )

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What happen when a family member is involved in an accident and a good samaritan tries to call on there phone whilst said person lies injured by the roadside,
What happens when a family member loses/gets mugged/has stolen there phone and then they try and call you for help when borrowing a phone off a good samaritan.
What happens if the police try to call you to informed of information about a family member/ friend
You are a very blinkered and selfish person.Your only thought when answering a phone is for yourself.
IOne day you will lose your phone, borrow one and hopefully get the same response from family/friends.
Ever heard of voicemail? Or texts? I think you're way OTT here saying we're 'blinkered and selfish' for not answering every single call we get, in fact I don't see how 'selfish' enters into it at all.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I normally play along with the call if I have time, if its about an accident I tell them yes but suffered memory loss as to what happened, If its about my computer it normally gets as far as I can't find the "any key" OR to a bit of heavy breathing and asking the caller what they are wearing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What happen when a family member is involved in an accident and a good samaritan tries to call on there phone whilst said person lies injured by the roadside,
What happens when a family member loses/gets mugged/has stolen there phone and then they try and call you for help when borrowing a phone off a good samaritan.
What happens if the police try to call you to informed of information about a family member/ friend
You are a very blinkered and selfish person.Your only thought when answering a phone is for yourself.
IOne day you will lose your phone, borrow one and hopefully get the same response from family/friends.

Surely it's his business how he uses his mobile phone.
Do you have yours glued to your hand all day?
Do you answer yours when driving?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ever heard of voicemail? Or texts? I think you're way OTT here saying we're 'blinkered and selfish' for not answering every single call we get, in fact I don't see how 'selfish' enters into it at all.

Yes your probably right, a bit strong, it my make up where i'm always available if someones need helps. I would hate for it to happen that someone (family / friend) needed something i wasnt there to help.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Wow .... have you been drinking ? You've heard of voicemail I assume ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes i do answer mine always when driving and always in my pocket when not driving.

I never answer mine when driving and have never owned a hands free kit, phone is out of sight and on silent.
Most of the calls to my mobile involve me writing a name, address and phone number down as it's usually a customer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I get three or four a week. That's only because I haven't had fun for a while and they are now on my mobile and easier to ignore.

Basically waste their time. I did phone in late one night on Radio 5 live another callers approach was to speak Welsh.

I usually put on a deep country accent and try and get help taking legal action against a badger. "That Brian May right that Brian May right, he's armed the f*****s".

Loads of fun and they don't ring back.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I never answer mine when driving and have never owned a hands free kit, phone is out of sight and on silent.
Most of the calls to my mobile involve me writing a name, address and phone number down as it's usually a customer.

Same here, i ask them to send me an txt/email with the details and just memorise the post code.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If I do answer my phone and its someone selling conservatorys, I tell them I live on the 10th floor of a tower block.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here