Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Scam phone calls.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just be aware that the caller probably wasn't actually in Uxbridge. Those numbers can be spoofed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caller_ID_spoofing

With you there,however and i use mobile phone like you if i phone a Leek number which is 01538 it shows Ipstones apparently its down to the signal point (?) So if i get called on my mobile from the Leek area it comes up at +++++ ++++++ Ipstones.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
WOW Thanks!!!! and you even dress up in a uniform!! :drool::drool: UK Police Forces | PoliceUk.com

Isn't that a MOD thing ie Edna
smileys-police-323496.gif

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been getting a lot of calls from 'Haywards Heath' recently. I only know one number in HH, which is my Aunty, so I refuse to answer them, and then block them afterwards. You can also check out numbers on www.whocalledme.com.
Yeah, I've had those as well. And you're right, whocalledme is a great resource.

I've found the TPS is fantastic for my landline, and I use the 'reject list' function on my mobile which catches loads more. They show up in my call log as 'rejected calls' but as my phone hasn't actually rung it's no problem. Also it's quite interesting to look them up (on whocalledme) and see who they are!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah, I've had those as well. And you're right, whocalledme is a great resource.

I've found the TPS is fantastic for my landline, and I use the 'reject list' function on my mobile which catches loads more. They show up in my call log as 'rejected calls' but as my phone hasn't actually rung it's no problem. Also it's quite interesting to look them up (on whocalledme) and see who they are!

You can still register you're mobile with them. :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You can still register you're mobile with them. :)

Oooh can you, thanks. It's so long since I registered (my landline) I haven't been back on the site since. In fact thinking about it when I registered it I did it by post as it wasn't online then!

EDIT: Ha! I've just been on the TPS site, and my mobile IS registered, so I must have put it in and forgotten about it! Just shows that the people making these calls really are at the unscrupulous end of the telemarketing business. (And shows that I can be forgetful!)

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oooh can you, thanks. It's so long since I registered (my landline) I haven't been back on the site since. In fact thinking about it when I registered I did it by post as it wasn't online then!

I even added my parents and sisters numbers too :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You can also check out numbers on www.whocalledme.com.

Use that one quite a lot. I don't answer calls on my mobile unless I have the callers number saved as a contact. I then check the number on that site before deciding to accept the next one or call back. If I don't have your number saved on my phone, then it is highly unlikely I want to talk to you.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Use that one quite a lot. I don't answer calls on my mobile unless I have the callers number saved as a contact. I then check the number on that site before deciding to accept the next one or call back. If I don't have your number saved on my phone, then it is highly unlikely I want to talk to you.

What happen when a family member is involved in an accident and a good samaritan tries to call on there phone whilst said person lies injured by the roadside,
What happens when a family member loses/gets mugged/has stolen there phone and then they try and call you for help when borrowing a phone off a good samaritan.
What happens if the police try to call you to informed of information about a family member/ friend
You are a very blinkered and selfish person.Your only thought when answering a phone is for yourself.
IOne day you will lose your phone, borrow one and hopefully get the same response from family/friends.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What happen when a family member is involved in an accident and a good samaritan tries to call on there phone whilst said person lies injured by the roadside,
What happens when a family member loses/gets mugged/has stolen there phone and then they try and call you for help when borrowing a phone off a good samaritan.
What happens if the police try to call you to informed of information about a family member/ friend
You are a very blinkered and selfish person.Your only thought when answering a phone is for yourself.
IOne day you will lose your phone, borrow one and hopefully get the same response from family/friends.

Ouch.

I don't answer unknown numbers, but if someone really wants me, they would leave a voicemail. I would then listen to my voicemai, and ring back.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

:eek:

Ouch.

I don't answer unknown numbers, but if someone really wants me, they would leave a voicemail. I would then listen to my voicemai, and ring back.

This.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I had about a ten minute conversation with someone about the fatal injuries I received in a road accident a result of which I could probably do with a lawyer. It took the caller that long to cotton on!!!!

We're signed up to TPS and has eliminated virtually every call. May get 4 or 5 a year at most.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
One of those numbers is mine!......please don't block it.....I only want to be friendly :(

Yeah right ho and when i have to ring you back it costs me £1/minute and you get all romantic like too. :lolol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

That is my take.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Last time you rung me back..........I reckon it must have cost you around £30 :kiss:

Was worth while until the missus saw the bill.. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here