O/T ok so I was probably in the wrong, but bl**dy hell

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
sorry in advance...I just wanted to put this down somewhere
...so I was driving back East along the A27 this evening and got caught in the usual bottle neck by Arundel...I always say to myself that I should go a different way...anyhow, there was about 200 to 300yds to go before the lanes merged into one and I was in the outside lane...all of a sudden this car pulled out from the near side lane and sat in the middle of the two lanes. He obviously wanted to stop me from going ahead in the outside lane and merging ahead...as I said there was another say 200yds to go...so I gesticulated for him to move over...he wouldn't and I then tried to drive around him at which point he swerved in front of me and we both slid to a halt...he got out.

This is, I think the point of my post, he went absolutely mental f'ing and blinding at me and saying that if my other half was not with he would have beaten me up etc. Anyhow I just sat there totally gobsmacked...I said that the lanes merged ahead not where he decided to block the road, but to be honest it did not seem worth tryig to reason with him...

In summary, I just wanted to say that if you were the bloke you need to calm down dude...getting that irate cannot be healthy and you are gonna give yourself a coronary. Also...am sorry mate, but you cannot go around being like that with people and it just reminded me of the road rage stories you hear where people have been stabbed and killed...I never thought I would be stupid enough to get into those situations but it just goes to show you never know...

So go careful out there...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry but I am fully behind the other bloke. It is one of my biggest hates when people can see there is a queue and jump it and push in. I say good for him for sitting in the middle of the lane. I think that takes some bottle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and with a bit of luck you won't do it again.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Correct. A harsh lesson but the other bloke was well within his rights imo.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And if everyone stayed in the same 1 lane everyone would get through quicker. Its usually White Van drivers, you can see then speed up ahead of you 400 yards behind waiting like a muppet in the inside lane and then see them just barge in. :rant:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Erm, the new highway code encourages you to use all available lanes until you have to merge in, so the guy that blocked you was a bit of a tool...

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Sorry but I am fully behind the other bloke. It is one of my biggest hates when people can see there is a queue and jump it and push in. I say good for him for sitting in the middle of the lane. I think that takes some bottle.

What if the car behind that was 'queue jumping' had a legitimate/serious reason for needing to get a move on? Maybe rushing to the hospital or similar?

So one car moves ahead of you in a queue, so what? Really?

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003

But I didn't queue jump...two lanes merge into one...there was a queue of cars behind me in the outside lane...not the same as handcross hill on A23 where you are advised to move over well in advance of 3 lanes going into 2...this was a bottle neck...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its not 1 car its numerous cars. Who is too say who should go first ?. Would you like it if you were queueing an the Bank for 20 minutes and someone came in and just barged to the front. This is no different as far as I am concerned.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But I didn't queue jump...two lanes merge into one...there was a queue of cars behind me in the outside lane...not the same as handcross hill on A23 where you are advised to move over well in advance of 3 lanes going into 2...this was a bottle neck...

Come on mate we all know the people who did this do it to jump the queue as they feel they are too important to wait.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't think he was within his rights to threaten to beat somebody up, or become somesort of vigilante traffic cop and start blocking the road.

But of you queue jump, then you will occassionally get into a confrontation.

Personally, I can't be arsed to either (a) queue jump, or (b) get uptight about it when others do it. Listen to the radio or a CD and chill out a bit.

Life's too short to get stressed, and people who drive without consideration for others usually come unstuck somewhere along the line in the end anyway.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No but he may make someone less inclined to do it in the future.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Bullshit to the rest of you, neither this bloke, or most of you lot are paid to enforce the road laws! If he'd cut someone up from the left lane westbound maybe fair enough but eastbound he's entitled to merge where the road merges! You're right fella, some people need to calm down and worry about their own driving rather than people using the whole road to get as far ahead as they can

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Come on mate we all know the people who did this do it to jump the queue as they feel they are too important to wait.

I certainly do not feel I am more important than anyone else...I described the situation...you should be in one lane or the other not in the middle of the two...but that's fine you have your own opinion...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What car do you drive, thealbionfan?

Some people make judgements based on the type of vehicle.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
sorry in advance...I just wanted to put this down somewhere
...so I was driving back East along the A27 this evening and got caught in the usual bottle neck by Arundel...I always say to myself that I should go a different way...anyhow, there was about 200 to 300yds to go before the lanes merged into one and I was in the outside lane...all of a sudden this car pulled out from the near side lane and sat in the middle of the two lanes. He obviously wanted to stop me from going ahead in the outside lane and merging ahead...as I said there was another say 200yds to go...so I gesticulated for him to move over...he wouldn't and I then tried to drive around him at which point he swerved in front of me and we both slid to a halt...he got out.

This is, I think the point of my post, he went absolutely mental f'ing and blinding at me and saying that if my other half was not with he would have beaten me up etc. Anyhow I just sat there totally gobsmacked...I said that the lanes merged ahead not where he decided to block the road, but to be honest it did not seem worth tryig to reason with him...

In summary, I just wanted to say that if you were the bloke you need to calm down dude...getting that irate cannot be healthy and you are gonna give yourself a coronary. Also...am sorry mate, but you cannot go around being like that with people and it just reminded me of the road rage stories you hear where people have been stabbed and killed...I never thought I would be stupid enough to get into those situations but it just goes to show you never know...

So go careful out there...

Your quite right about being careful, there are some right nutters about.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Its not 1 car its numerous cars. Who is too say who should go first ?. Would you like it if you were queueing an the Bank for 20 minutes and someone came in and just barged to the front. This is no different as far as I am concerned.

I don't see it like that at all.

I see it as a queue at the turnstiles at a football ground. I will naturally get in the shortest queue, but if it's not moving fast enough I will change in order to get in quicker. If you can't be bothered to switch then that's your own fault.

Same rules in this situation as far as I'm concerned.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Erm, the new highway code encourages you to use all available lanes until you have to merge in, so the guy that blocked you was a bit of a tool...

This post seems to have been ignored, which is a shame as it's the truth. Two lanes of traffic can hold more cars than one, and therefore move the queue along quicker.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You were entirely within your rights. The lanes merge where they merge, not where some other driver decides they merge. I have been in exactly the same situation on many occasions and always use the lane until it ends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports