O?T: BA flight cancelation for tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you can be sure that if they had been first come first served at regular price, you would never have seen them. they would have gone before you even knew your flight was cancelled.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
possibly - but that would have been a lot less frustrating than KNOWING there were seats there if we had ludicrous money to spend, and HEARING from BA that they were offering free transfers when we couldn't transfer.

Anyway this thread started in frustration and anger, i think i am over it now. We have rebooked for after xmas, hopefully many of the thousands of other frustrated/stranded individuals are having their situations resolved too...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
HI edna - the ONLY thing I am pissed off with BA for is that they didnt give me the opportunity to re-book onto that flight even though they had spaces.

IF all the spaces were gone, I wouldn't have a complaint, but as it stood at 16:21 yesterday I had my original flight cancelled but I couldnt get onto a flight that clearly had available spaces. I was not asking for any special treatment, just a fair crack at a rapidly diminishing resource.

It could be that rather than BA explicitly not allowing what you were trying to do that there is a bug or some misguided logic in their web code. It could be as simple as only allowing you to select from any chronologically LATER flights, not earlier, as I think you said the flight you wanted was slightly before your original one.

If you'd been on the phone and a call agent wouldn't allow it, then that would be a bit more conclusive as to whether this policy exists and your moan-up is entirely accurate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can see you have an axe to grind with BA

Erm, does it come across this way?

Anyway, on reflection I think everyone has got the general gist of my feelings towards BA so at this point I'll bow out of this particular post. But, I'm available elsewhere if anyone needs me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports