Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O?T: BA flight cancelation for tomorrow

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Just had family xmas holiday cancelled by BA - they have seats in the same class on another flight to the same destination leaving 45 minutes earlier - can they move us into them? no, they are punting them at £2937 a pop. bastards.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
taking the piss,my wifes bro and family flying from spain today,flight cancelled,could fly later at a cost of 1000 euros per seat:angry:,instead coming tom night

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
THAT

is absolutely f***ing outrageous. How the bollocking hell can they possibly justify that ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the public wonder why BA staff and unions are so keen to stick it up Willie Walsh. He has taken a once proud national carrier and turned it into at worse a farce, at best just another airline.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
they dont say anything to you - if you ring BA now you get told they are busy, go to the website, and then it rings off.

I can understadn the disruption for snow. But basically they are cashing in on desperation whilst mewling on about "doing our best for our passengers". At least ryanair et al. look you in the eye when they shaft you...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
At least ryanair et al. look you in the eye when they shaft you...

Indeed.
You'd expect BA to at least have the common decency of offering a reach-around after bollocksing up your arrangements.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
taking the piss,my wifes bro and family flying from spain today,flight cancelled,could fly later at a cost of 1000 euros per seat:angry:,instead coming tom night
this is with easy jet

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
yes fair point, none of the airlines is going to miss an opportunity to rape desperate passengers, whilst sendign the PR muppets out front to say "we're doing all we can to minimise the inconvenience.."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't believe they can get away with it. Have they offered a refund ?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
yes they will refund the money for the cancellation, thats a given. I guess my beef is that rather than first using their spare inventory to disinconvenience people who booked ages ago, they now see a hot sellers market and are cashing in - amazingly all the seats have sold at that price so people must be absolutely desperate to go...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The very first thing any decent, reputable company would do is offer you, their customer who they have greatly inconvenienced and buggered about, alternative seats on the nearest available flight. Clearly they'd rather screw people over though.

BA = scum.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Dubai in WTplus -

edit: the £3k tickets were the same price in WT or WTplus...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
my 12 year old son lives in sweden and was due in from copenhagen last night. norwegian air cancelled his flight just as he arrived to check in after a 3 hour train journey. the next flight they offered him was tomorrow night at the same time. his mum asked why not today and they said they were fully booked. i looked on the website and there was plenty of availability but the prices were £300 one way ( its usually £50 or so) . simple profiteering . wankers. especially when you have a 12 year old coming to see his dad for xmas

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
When I got stuck flying to Amsterdam from gatwick a couple of weeks back, they cancelled my flight, and said there wasn't one for two days.
We were then told they would put us on a flight from bristol that afternoon but we had to pay for the 2 hour coach transfer too, which cost more than the flight.

We refused to go, and miraculously they found space for us in a flight later the same evening.

so after a 9 hour wait, we boarded the flight which was delayed for 2 hours, and the flight was only just over half full...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dubai in WTplus -

edit: the £3k tickets were the same price in WT or WTplus...

Sorry to hear that. Send me a pm if/when you ever get out here in the future and we'll meet up for a beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
.....and some wonder why people want to blow planes up.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
my 12 year old son lives in sweden and was due in from copenhagen last night. norwegian air cancelled his flight just as he arrived to check in after a 3 hour train journey. the next flight they offered him was tomorrow night at the same time. his mum asked why not today and they said they were fully booked. i looked on the website and there was plenty of availability but the prices were £300 one way ( its usually £50 or so) . simple profiteering . wankers. especially when you have a 12 year old coming to see his dad for xmas

i feel for you mate. Hope your lad makes it for xmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here