Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko SIGNS

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think you've read wrong.

Bloom has said none of the targets will be signed unless the new boss wants them.

What Bozza is hinting at is that Toko's signing is already secured, and that the new boss will by default 'approve' it...

or a different reading.........
The new boss has already approved it - so the new boss is already signed up just hasn't arrived yet. And this is pure guess work

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I stand corrected. Must have read the list of players released when I was drunk or asleep or both.

Okay I'm now more positive. We can survive with only 4 signings this summer then.

4 is a little light as we are losing 6 (+ 3 loans), and never replaced ElAbd.

Walton can step up from dev squad to be keeper 3, but I am still expecting 5-6 signings with 2-3 loans.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
4 is a little light as we are losing 6 (+ 3 loans), and never replaced ElAbd.

Walton can step up from dev squad to be keeper 3, but I am still expecting 5-6 signings with 2-3 loans.

Sorry I meant 4 permanent signings/season long loans. I think we will rely on loan market for extra impetus throughout the season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
or a different reading.........
The new boss has already approved it - so the new boss is already signed up just hasn't arrived yet. And this is pure guess work

I'd be staggered if we had a new boss already. TB said in that interview he was taking his time sifting through CVs, he's certain to interview four or five of them. I'd say no appointment until the middle of next week at the earliest - and probably later than that.

I'm sure that we signed some players last year before Oscar arrived; wasn't Chicksen here by then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd be staggered if we had a new boss already. TB said in that interview he was taking his time sifting through CVs, he's certain to interview four or five of them. I'd say no appointment until the middle of next week at the earliest - and probably later than that.

I'm sure that we signed some players last year before Oscar arrived; wasn't Chicksen here by then?

Don't they always say that?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't they always say that?

Yeah, they do. But TB strikes me as someone who doesn't make instant decisions and he also intimated he wanted to get this one right. The only way he could appoint someone now is if he'd looking for some weeks and had already interviewed several. Can't see that sort of thing being kept secret TBH

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah, they do. But TB strikes me as someone who doesn't make instant decisions and he also intimated he wanted to get this one right. The only way he could appoint someone now is if he'd looking for some weeks and had already interviewed several. Can't see that sort of thing being kept secret TBH

Last year it seemed like we'd already got a manager lined before the end of the season as he knew the old one was off. The situation seems pretty similiar

Hants Gull

Jul 15, 2009
Zürich, Switzerland
As a Brighton and Grasshoppers fan (my local team out in Switzerland) I'd be much happier if we were trying to sign Shkelzen Gashi. He's top scorer in the Swiss league this season with 15 goals and counting and is an attacking mid fielder.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
As a Brighton and Grasshoppers fan (my local team out in Switzerland) I'd be much happier if we were trying to sign Shkelzen Gashi. He's top scorer in the Swiss league this season with 15 goals and counting and is an attacking mid fielder.

I see Gashi scored tonight in their 4-1 win
Toko getting a yellow.....having seen that video posted, not surprised. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here