Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nzuzi Toko SIGNS

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Excellent news, looks a very good player. As said previously, him, Ince Stephens and Crofts in any combination would be a force to be reckoned with.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Excellent news, looks a very good player. As said previously, him, Ince Stephens and Crofts in any combination would be a force to be reckoned with.

Except there would be no room for Buckley (?) LuaLua, March, Joe Cole...... ..... :lolol:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Except there would be no room for Buckley (?) LuaLua, March, Joe Cole...... ..... :lolol:

I should have clarified that one of them would be on the bench rather than four in midfield! Buckley and Lualua on the wings, March can play in both either wing or in midfield and who knows what would happen if we got Cole.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
No question he will add some bite and Ince will get plenty of appearances covering Toko's inevitable suspensions :thumbsup:

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I reckon the new man, whoever he may be, will want Toko Nzuzi.

Gut feel.

You and your cryptic clues! So reading between those invisible lines, you know who the new man is and he has already approved the signing of Nzuzi!

Nice! :lolol:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You and your cryptic clues! So reading between those invisible lines, you know who the new man is and he has already approved the signing of Nzuzi!

Or our manager is Michael Skibbe of Grasshoppers?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Much like austin at leeds.

Toko got suspended for hitting yellow card limit twice last year, so imagine he'll have a few supsensions during a season!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
In the championship almost all the teams are good in midfield. It's what you do at either end of the pitch.

I'm not saying that this guy wouldn't be a valuable signing. But I'm looking forward to see ward/Bruno replacements and what the club are going to do about wingers and strikers. ( I say this because while we have lua lua, Buckley, Ulloa, CMS I'm unconvinced whether we will sign anyone).

Pessimistic for a sunny morning eh?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
In the championship almost all the teams are good in midfield. It's what you do at either end of the pitch.

I'm not saying that this guy wouldn't be a valuable signing. But I'm looking forward to see ward/Bruno replacements and what the club are going to do about wingers and strikers. ( I say this because while we have lua lua, Buckley, Ulloa, CMS I'm unconvinced whether we will sign anyone).

Haven't we offered Bruno and Calderon new deals? I wouldn't think a third(fourth with CHicksen) right-back would be a priority

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Haven't we offered Bruno and Calderon new deals? I wouldn't think a third(fourth with CHicksen) right-back would be a priority

I thought we had let Bruno go? Apologies if in correct. Whilst Calderon is okay as back up I don't know if I would be comfortable relying on him all season.

Chicksen struggles to get a game at left back. Why would we switch him to right back?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Not to worry. Bruno hasn't gone so doesn't need replacing. Buckley on the other hand almost certainly will go so maybe some added "movement" up front.

ALL sides may have good midfields......except those who don't buy good players and organise on the training pitch..... with Joe Cole pulling strings hopefully we can be among them.

Cheerful thoughts for a cheerful day :thumbsup:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I stand corrected. Must have read the list of players released when I was drunk or asleep or both.

Okay I'm now more positive. We can survive with only 4 signings this summer then.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I think you've read wrong.

Bloom has said none of the targets will be signed unless the new boss wants them.

What Bozza is hinting at is that Toko's signing is already secured, and that the new boss will by default 'approve' it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here