Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nuno leaving Wolves

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Poor ole palace 6 million players out of contract no manager they’ll do well to avoid the drop
We haven’t beaten them in two seasons, somehow they always finish above us and if it couldn’t get any worse we let Benteke look half decent as he smashed in the winner :facepalm:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Oddschecker know, you know.

Odds.JPG

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It never ceases to make me smile, as soon as a well known, half decent manager leaves one post, he is automatically becomes favourite to take over somewhere else.

Nuno's next appointment will be in Europe l think.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nuno talking to Everton today. Bookies have him odds-on favourite for that job.

Prior to that he was talking to Palace.

Betting suspended on Wolves job as Lage expected to be announced as new boss.

Tottenham have made contact with Conte and now he is odds on to be new Spurs boss.

Celtic in advanced talks with Postecoglou.

That leaves Palace with 4 possible options: Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard, Steve Cooper, Sean Dyche.

The worry for Palace fans is if Nuno spends 3 days in talks with Palace before binning the idea off then other candidates will realise the situation is a mess and they are not first choice.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Tottenham have made contact with Conte and now he is odds on to be new Spurs boss.

That leaves Palace with 4 possible options: Eddie Howe, Frank Lampard, Steve Cooper, Sean Dyche.

The worry for Palace fans is if Nuno spends 3 days in talks with Palace before binning the idea off then other candidates will realise the situation is a mess and they are not first choice.

sorry, why would Dyche go to Palace?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Really hope Nuno goes to Everton - rumour I heard is Parish beaky smarmy **** begged him to at least look round and sent 18 texts and 3 voice notes, Nuno turns up begrudgingly, looks at the training ground and literally left within 5 mins laughing...!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

All the managers mentioned are at or have been at clubs with much longer history than 11 years. It’s a bit pie in the sky expecting managers form bigger clubs - I even heard some mention Ainsworth which is mental.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All the managers mentioned are at or have been at clubs with much longer history than 11 years. It’s a bit pie in the sky expecting managers form bigger clubs - I even heard some mention Ainsworth which is mental.

Simon Jordan (arrogant know it all, but I like him) still reckons Lampard would be a good fit.

To me he’s a big unknown. The one bonus would be getting quality Chelsea loanees as he did at Derby.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I can see the Palace manager saga dragging on. Nuno has been approached but I think he’ll prefer Everton and end up there. What would be the best scenario is for a number of managers to be approached by Parrish before they get their 4/5 th choice and by that time they’ll have no time to plan for the recruitment of their new players.
Also, who wants to go to a club when numerous other managers have turned them down. Only one where they they are in a no lose situation.
It’s a vicious circle too, as good players will question the club as a new employer if they haven’t attracted a top manager.
I still think it’ll be the Barnsley manager to Palace and Nuno to Everton.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
When Albion sacked Hughton they had Potter targeted and wrapped up within a week as his replacement and it felt like he was part of a long term new project - with admittedly some risk.

Palace have had over a year to prepare for Roy’s departure ? What’s the plan ? Wait until a good manager is sacked or resigns over there and join the queue ? It doesn’t feel v strategic.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When Albion sacked Hughton they had Potter targeted and wrapped up within a week as his replacement and it felt like he was part of a long term new project - with admittedly some risk.

Palace have had over a year to prepare for Roy’s departure ? What’s the plan ? Wait until a good manager is sacked or resigns over there and join the queue ? It doesn’t feel v strategic.

I would bet that Bloom & Barber have contingencies for a whole load of unexpected events.

For example if Potter resigned, or Ashworth was poached, or a couple of key players handed in transfer requests.

They’re running a large business professionally.

CP seems run on the hoof.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Simon Jordan (arrogant know it all, but I like him) still reckons Lampard would be a good fit.

To me he’s a big unknown. The one bonus would be getting quality Chelsea loanees as he did at Derby.

I’ve said it here before but I actually think Lampard was very good in his first season with Chelsea and playing all the kids. Proved he had something about him as a coach.

It all went wrong for him when the transfer ban was lifted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here