Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nuno leaving Wolves

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Looks like the board thought he had taken Wolves as far as possible and a new manager is required to freshen up the squad and take them to the next step.

No way is he going to Palace given the quality of football that Wolves played under him.

Charlton and Curbishley. Charlton wanted to go to the next level..... Curbs wanted a big 6 (think it was a big 2 then :) )

That went well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So they lack the quality as we havee in front of goal, but not for the want of trying to score. We all like triers in life, don't we?

No.

We're easily the most profligate side in the division. As much as I hate xG we're about the only team who are massively out of place compared to our expected points and goals. Wolves aren't.

Watch Leeds v Wolves from this season. A classic Roy Hodgson style smash and grab from Nuno.

D

Deleted member 2719

No.

We're easily the most profligate side in the division. As much as I hate xG we're about the only team who are massively out of place compared to our expected points and goals. Wolves aren't.

Watch Leeds v Wolves from this season. A classic Roy Hodgson style smash and grab from Nuno.

I get it, you play snooker to do snooker's and not pot the balls, you go fishing to sit on the riverbank and not catch fish, you go shopping to browse and not buy, or perhaps I say 'black' and you say 'white'.

Enjoy Potter while you can, because God help us if we get a Roy type manager to watch week in week out.

Ps Roy being a Croydon lad was probably bought up on smash and grabs, so I suppose it is his default mode.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Am I alone here in thinking, for the most part Wolves have played good football under Nuno. I don’t watch them regularly but when I have I have generally enjoyed watching them. IMO Wolves fans should be careful what they wish for if they are glad to see the back of him after one stuttering season when key players were injured or transferred.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get it, you play snooker to do snooker's and not pot the balls, you go fishing to sit on the riverbank and not catch fish, you go shopping to browse and not buy, or perhaps I say 'black' and you say 'white'.

Enjoy Potter while you can, because God help us if we get a Roy type manager to watch week in week out.

Ps Roy being a Croydon lad was probably bought up on smash and grabs, so I suppose it is his default mode.

I’d suggest this it’s exactly the opposite with [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] he wants to clear the snooker table in one go and catch the biggest fish in the river and maxes out his credit card when shopping. :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Am I alone here in thinking, for the most part Wolves have played good football under Nuno. I don’t watch them regularly but when I have I have generally enjoyed watching them. IMO Wolves fans should be careful what they wish for if they are glad to see the back of him after one stuttering season when key players were injured or transferred.

I agree 100%.

It’s clear that losing your best goal getters was the problem Wolves had this season l, not Nuno.

Just like at our club, there would have been a number of Wolves fans looking at the results and table only and then jumping straight on the manager-out bandwagon because they don’t know where else to hit out at.

Like Palace, they are now in jeopardy as they select a new manager. It will probably go well with their budget and super-agent backing but it could still be a disaster for them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Agreed.

I have a soft spot for Wolves, as a pre-season friendly vs us was the first time I'd ever been to a game (1975).

IMO they suffered from the exceptionally long season last year, and as soon as the CF got injured they were in trouble.

They could easily struggle next year without Nuno.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think he will go to Portugal and hang out with his family that he has barely seen for 18 months. In no way has he looked like a man in need of a job with more stress and pressure. No Spurs for him.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With any luck

Nuno now the favourite for Everton across all markets.

AF00BDF0-F695-4E4D-ADE7-9E6CEEBC6F34.png

My advice to Parish is to appoint Fat Frank :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I hope he doesn't go to the wankpuffins as I quite like him.

Cannot see any reason why he would leave Wolves to go to Smellhurst. Everton or Spain, yes. Bloke seems intelligent so I'd doubt it would be true, just them lot dreaming imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here