NSC Sunday Poker - PokerStars or Full Tilt Poker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Poker site should we use for NSC Sunday Night Poker?

• I don't play poker but feel a need to voice my opinion on matters that don't concern me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I joined PokerStars at some point - was there a game organised against some Sheff Wed fans or something?

Anyway, I'd have been up for playing most Sundays but the only reminder from PS was at about 8:10pm on a Sunday for the game the following week. Useless. So I never made it along.

If there's an affiliate scheme for either site, then I'll try and get a link up.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
what's the best way to learn how to play?
i started playing for play money on pokerstars, but people just go 'all in' all the time and you dont get to learn

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
what's the best way to learn how to play?
i started playing for play money on pokerstars, but people just go 'all in' all the time and you dont get to learn

It's still a good first step, I think, but you're quite correct that it soons get tiresome when people go all in on a 3 and a 7.

Playing cash games is probably the next thing to do, but literally the lowest stakes available - a 1c/2c table. It's amazing how much more guarded people are for the very smallest of stakes.

It's also worth remembering that the style of play for a ring game - where players can join and leave whenever they like, is a bit different to tournament play - where you keep going until there's only one player left standing.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It's still a good first step, I think, but you're quite correct that it soons get tiresome when people go all in on a 3 and a 7.

Playing cash games is probably the next thing to do, but literally the lowest stakes available - a 1c/2c table. It's amazing how much more guarded people are for the very smallest of stakes.

It's also worth remembering that the style of play for a ring game - where players can join and leave whenever they like, is a bit different to tournament play - where you keep going until there's only one player left standing.
ta :thumbsup:

don't really know how to play though :lolol:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
i did not know how to play poker at all up until last year and i started on the micro stakes tables , bozza is correct people treat the game with much more respect if there is a few pence riding on the outcome compared to the play money games , have a go on the nsc sunday poker games there are some seriously messed up players on there :) and when ive watched a game it seems like a good laugh

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I don't think Pokerstars (who now own FTP) are continuing with affiliate payments so any rakeback NSC got from these games is no longer payable.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Is there a poker site that allows webcams?

That way I could see Tay play in his FUR lined thong and faux SUEDE lined waders encrusted with diamonique tops

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Would really like to join in. Never managed on PS, either through not being accepted, or being able to find the table and password etc. So will vote FT if it means I can actually join this time.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So what we up to this sunday then chaps ? looks like ive been done on the river voting wise by 9 sharks and im happy to switch over to full tilt as ive now found out my old username ect

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we are going back to F/T, then we need to set up a private tourney for the tables.
Wasnt it Alex, aka Groddy, aka Horsham Gull that used to do it, then Matt set up the P/S one.
So perhaps Alex can sort it, or do you know how to do it Tay?
Perhaps you play in the faux Suede Waders league, so you have past knowledge.:facepalm:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Alex did the Full Tilt version table i think ,i seem to remember that sharking Defrocked Priest won the league , its no good asking me to set it up im lucky to remember what day it is half the time , whats wrong with fauxing suede waders anyway ?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Alex did the Full Tilt version table i think ,i seem to remember that sharking Defrocked Priest won the league , its no good asking me to set it up im lucky to remember what day it is half the time , whats wrong with fauxing suede waders anyway ?

They dont look cool with the beanie:cool:

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
I've voted FT but come January I won't be able to play anymore (Nutzouts on PS). I'll be off to the land of the free (less online poker) also known as the USA for 3 years for work... no online poker, no albion season ticket anymore..... :tantrum:

I prefared Full Tilt.
But I am used to Poker Stars now so not fussed.
Not worried about league table to be honest, only Blue and Doogie seem worried about who is top.:wink:
We seemed to get more players when it was Full Tilt.
Will Bozza still get money for NSC as per the old days if we play on F/T?

I'm not bothered about the league table (much) :lolol:
I'm not too fussed where we play, I play on both sites anyway, so is there a decision on where we are playing tonight?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tay has posted about tonights poker, its on Full Tilt
I'll bounce it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports