Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Motorcyclists...

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
I have a Moto Guzzi and a 1976 Moto Morini Strada - both iconic bikes in their own way and the Morini sounds like something else

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I passed my M/C test on a KH250, going around Worthing with the instructor behind. Problem was I went too fast and by the time I had completed the circuit I had to stop at the entrance to the DVLA building for him to catch up.
I thought I had failed after a few questions from the Highways manual. However, he said he thought I rode rather well, but for me to take it a little easy otherwise I wouldn't keep my brand new license too long!

On a better note I just heard from the shipper that my 1971 Triumph Bonneville has been loaded on a ship and should be here in 3/4 weeks! At 49, I have hit the mid life crisis and luvvin every second.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I passed my M/C test on a KH250, going around Worthing with the instructor behind. Problem was I went too fast and by the time I had completed the circuit I had to stop at the entrance to the DVLA building for him to catch up.
I thought I had failed after a few questions from the Highways manual. However, he said he thought I rode rather well, but for me to take it a little easy otherwise I wouldn't keep my brand new license too long!

On a better note I just heard from the shipper that my 1971 Triumph Bonneville has been loaded on a ship and should be here in 3/4 weeks! At 49, I have hit the mid life crisis and luvvin every second.

Ah the wonderful KH250 - can you imagine a modern motorcycle manufacturer making a range of 2 stroke triples from 250 to 750cc?

As previously posted I had the pleasure of owning all the Kawasaki Triples except an H2 - luckily petrol was a lot cheaper in those days - they did sound superb with Allspeed or Micron spannies! :thumbsup:

Trojan,
SV650 - excellent bike to cut your teeth on, bullet proof, cheap to run/insure/repair. Monster - the little model, almost same power as SV650, miles more cred.

Wet or dry get yourself to a few trackdays and find yourself and the bike out - the bike is almost always more capable than the rider!!

Heswaving.jpg
[/IMG]

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Does anyone know the guy who sells bikes with the nickname "........grab a grand."?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Trojan,
SV650 - excellent bike to cut your teeth on, bullet proof, cheap to run/insure/repair. Monster - the little model, almost same power as SV650, miles more cred.

Wet or dry get yourself to a few trackdays and find yourself and the bike out - the bike is almost always more capable than the rider!!

Thanks HCQ.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Ah the wonderful KH250 - can you imagine a modern motorcycle manufacturer making a range of 2 stroke triples from 250 to 750cc?

As previously posted I had the pleasure of owning all the Kawasaki Triples except an H2 - luckily petrol was a lot cheaper in those days - they did sound superb with Allspeed or Micron spannies! :thumbsup:

She really was my baby. I actually still kept her after my test! Having hopefully imported my Bonny, I have my eye on a 1974 KH500, which I think is an H2, not sure. If all goes to plan I may try and bring that over as well, and sod the fuel fuel costs!

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Just to add, I had a Ducati 620ie monster. I loved the bike, handled like a dream but.......
It game me real health problems with the wrists and elbows. I am 5'9" and the bike was unmodifed. It was so bad I had to sell the bike, although I should have put straight bars on her.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
She really was my baby. I actually still kept her after my test! Having hopefully imported my Bonny, I have my eye on a 1974 KH500, which I think is an H2, not sure. If all goes to plan I may try and bring that over as well, and sod the fuel fuel costs!

KH500 was the last version of the H1

Original Kawasaki Triple designations were:

S1 - 250cc, later became the KH250, allegedly the early S1's were capable of 100MPH but handled & stopped so poorly the Factory detuned them (possibly Urban Legend as it took a Step Change in Technology to get a genuine 100MPH 250 in the form of the Yamaha RD250LC)

S2 - 350cc (Ultra Rare!)

S3 - 400cc became the KH400, my favourite in terms of performance/dodgy handling/appalling fuel consumption issues.

H1 - 500cc - as already mentioned became the KH500 in 1976 so if yours is a genuine 1974 bike then it will be a H1E, nevertheless definitely detuned from H1A/B/C/D but put on some Mikuni 30mm Carbs & some Micron Expansion Pipes (presume you can still get them?) all will be good I would have thought.

H2 - 750cc - never had the balls or money to own/run one of these, my understanding is that people that had serious work done on the engines could get less than 20MPG from them - no doubt they were interesting to ride but stopping every 60 miles or so to refuel is ridiculous! :lolol:

Well oh well this has brought the 1980's back for me, including the blue smoke and expansion pipe crackle......

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Just before the 250 law came in, I had 3 of them. The Suzuki X7, the KH and a mars bar RD250LC.
All the same, but completely different and I loved every one of them. The X& had ace bars and microns and believe it or not a plastic tea strainer, with the handle cut off bodged over the carb in lieu of a K&N.
I can still smell the two stroke nearly 35 years later.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just before the 250 law came in, I had 3 of them. The Suzuki X7, the KH and a mars bar RD250LC.
All the same, but completely different and I loved every one of them. The X& had ace bars and microns and believe it or not a plastic tea strainer, with the handle cut off bodged over the carb in lieu of a K&N.
I can still smell the two stroke nearly 35 years later.

Also had a red & black 250LC yes it was gold pinstriped as well so see where the Mars Bar reference comes from!

Suzuki X7 - funnily enough I have NEVER owned a Suzuki of any type - had BSAs/Nortons, lots of Hondas, Kawasakis and Yamahas, on reflection how strange.

As you say all different, from memory the X7 was a bored out 200cc (X5?) and was physically much smaller than the 250LC which looked pretty much like its big brother the 350LC whereas the KH250 was just different due to its 3 cylinders and while it was certainly much more crude than the opposition it didn't stop me enjoying the exhaust note. :thumbsup:

DanielT

Couple of things, mainly for Trojan Scald & gingerbeerman: check out mod 1 tests on YouTube. It'll get what's required in mind.

Also, don't wait too long to go for your test. They change in January, and I doubt they're making them easier!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My dad's bint of a wife recently left him, .so now he spazzes all his cash on biking! Took us up the .TT a few weeks ago which wad cool. He's got yamaha XT 350, Triumph Tiger, Yamaha Thundercat, Aprilia Mille RSV and a Suzuki GSXR 1100 !!! Crazy old fart !
My brother rode from John-o'groats to lands end a few weeks ago on a Fizzy, 50cc and top speed of 40mph, took him a week!!!!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Couple of things, mainly for Trojan Scald & gingerbeerman: check out mod 1 tests on YouTube. It'll get what's required in mind.

Also, don't wait too long to go for your test. They change in January, and I doubt they're making them easier!

Good call, thanks DT. Will have a look in a bit!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
[MENTION=16732]DanielT[/MENTION] Just wanna say again really good shout re youtube vids. It's giving me a really good idea as to what to expect. Thanks again.

DanielT

[MENTION=16732]DanielT[/MENTION] Just wanna say again really good shout re youtube vids. It's giving me a really good idea as to what to expect. Thanks again.

You're welcome, glad to share ideas.

I've just got back from a half hour at the dsa test track in Burgess hill. Practised the controlled stop. Did a u-turn. Then did several emergency stops & at speed swerves. Has put me much more at ease about the mod 1.

Dec 29, 2011
You're welcome, glad to share ideas.

I've just got back from a half hour at the dsa test track in Burgess hill. Practised the controlled stop. Did a u-turn. Then did several emergency stops & at speed swerves. Has put me much more at ease about the mod 1.

You with Norton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here